Get More Personal With Coinbase Wallet
Coinbase Wallet is partnering with Ethereum Name Service (ENS) to offer users free-to-claim named wallet addresses.
Why It Matters: Named wallets are better for onboarding non-crypto natives, easier to read and remember, faster to send and receive cryptocurrency with, and safer to transact with. This makes web3 more accessible to newcomers and adds a greater level of simplicity for those already participating in the space.
The Big Picture: Coinbase is attempting to create a social space for web3 users. With its new username-based wallets, you can:
- Build a web3 portfolio and link to social accounts
- Follow other web3 users and interact with Coinbase's community
What They're Saying: "We’re making web3 more accessible for everyone," Coinbase said via email. "We’ve partnered with Ethereum Name Service (ENS) to create free-to-claim cb.id usernames. This makes it easier and safer for you to send/receive crypto and engage with the web3 community."
❗ Action Item: Claim your new Coinbase username via the desktop Chrome extension or Coinbase Wallet app. To claim:
- Log in via the extension or app.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and click "Claim my username."
- Customize your profile, set up your bio, link your social accounts, and choose your new cb.id username.