NBA Top Shot Deep Dives on Challenges
NBA Top Shot released the first volume of the Challenge Blog, providing an update on the platform's Challenge goals and strategies, as well as information on the new Set Rewards for The Challenge Sets.
Here are some key details from the lengthy post:
- NBA Top Shot aims to provide accessible, rewarding, and fun Challenges for all collectors, while keeping the focus on NBA action.
- The Challenge Sets have new Set Rewards for those who complete and lock them. Deadline is Apr. 14 at 4:00 p.m. ET.
- The Challenge: Champion Set Rewards include a custom Top Shot jersey, a Holo Icon Pack, a Run It Back 1986-87 Pack, and a Premium Pack.
- The Challenge Sets can still have Moments added to them through the end of the NBA regular season.
❗Why It Matters
Challenges are a critical part of Top Shot's ecosystem as it offers users an exclusive way to earn rewards, and keeps them actively engaged on the platform. The Challenge Blog provides a behind the scenes look at Challenges, and provides insights into NBA Top Shot's ongoing efforts to engage collectors. Sentiment around Top Shot and Dapper Labs has been trending down lately, but increasing transparency and rewards might help provide some short-term pain relief.
📊 By the Numbers
- Collectors locked 66,734 new Moments in 38 Moment Reward Challenges that required some form of locking.
- 42.4% of all Moments locked in those Challenges were newly locked.
- Collectors burned a total of 317,270 Moments in full-season Challenges so far.