Sorare Shares Major Updates to 2023 Product Roadmap
In this post
Sorare published a Medium blog this morning that highlighted a number of key gameplay updates for its 2023 football (soccer) product.
❗ Why it Matters
The following updates were made with a goal of improving manager progression and enhancing overall gameplay.
⚽ League-Specific Competitions
- Sorare will support league-specific competitions for the most popular leagues
- This initiative will launch on January 24 for Game Week 30, and supported leagues will include the German Budesliga, Italian Serie A, Spanish LaLiga and first league in France
- These competitions will be available to the Limited tier only
- League-specific competitions allow fans to compete in the leagues they follow and love
👨🏫 Draft-Based Onboarding
- Sorare is also introducing a new "draft-based onboarding feature" that allows managers to compete on an even playing field
- During the draft, managers will select 8 players within a 400-point cap with a maximum of two players from the same club
- Some features will be removed from the game, including onboarding Common card packs and daily drops.
- There will be a reset where all Common cards claimed or won before January 27 will no longer have utility and managers will only be able to play with their draft Common cards in competitions moving forward
⏫ Climb The Ladder
- Once a manager has graduated from Common Draft competitions, they're ready to advance to league-specific Semi-Pro competitions
- Semi-Pro competitions require that lineups include at least one Limited card
- From Semi-Pro, a manager can then advance to league-specific Pro 270 contests where only one Common card is allowed with a 270-point cap
- Next, a manager would move to Capped competitions, which include players from all leagues and clubs
🕳️ Go Deeper
- Learn more about the above updates, along with other initiatives like Permanent Kickoff Competitions, new Leaderboards, an updated Manager Homepage and more here.
Disclaimer: The author or members of the Lucky Trader staff may own NFTs discussed in this post. Furthermore, the information contained on this website or the Lucky Trader mobile application is not intended as, and shall not be understood or construed as financial advice. AI may have assisted in the creation of this content.