What's New With DeadFellaz NFT? Town Hall Recap
In this post
On Sunday, Jan. 23, 2022, the heads of the Deadfellaz NFT project, @betty_nft and @psych_nft, hosted an AMA in the official project Discord. On Monday, Jan. 24, 2022, they followed it up with a Twitter Spaces. Below is a summary of the events.
tl;dr: Up to 13,000 Deadfrenz maximum, Pixelfellaz coming, Merchandise, toys, plushies, and DAO of the Dead soon, IRL meetups and partnerships in the works
Introducing DeadFrenz Companion Collection
- The newest addition to the DeadFellaz collection, DeadFrenz, was previously announced to drop on Feb. 3.
- There will be a maximum of 13,000 NFTs, dropped in a mint-pass style.
- Thirteen different animal species, 999 NFTs of each species, and 13 1/1 alpha DeadFrenz will be available.
- The original 10,000 holders will be eligible to claim via Lab Access Passes for free plus gas.
- A wallet snapshot will be taken on Jan. 31
- DeadFellaz Infected S1 holders and Betty Pop Horror holders will be able to purchase one Lab Access Pass for each token for 0.1 ETH plus gas.
- Remaining passes will be distributed to non-holders via a reserved mint list, mostly through partnerships and collaborations with other projects.
- Passes will expire after 120 days.
- Prior to that, unclaimed/unminted passes will be withdrawn by the team to be redistributed via games and giveaways.
- The goal of the project is to be pfp (profile picture) friendly, not a 1:1 of the original DeadFellaz.
- Thirteen Alpha Lab Access Passes will be randomly airdropped on Feb. 10 to holders of the Lab Access Pass.
- These passes will look different and be redeemable for a free plus gas mint of the 1/1 Alpha Frenz.
- DeadFrenz will have unique utility (1/1 Alphas separate, extra utility).
- The team did not elaborate on what that will look like other than to say it will be connected to final supply count.
- This is why Lab Access Passes will expire after 120 days.
- DeadFrenz will get the same access behind the gate in the Discord as the other NFT projects in the collection, as will all future mints.
!croak 🐸🧟♀️ pic.twitter.com/cMzrLUtB9y— Deadfellaz 🧟♂️ (@Deadfellaz) January 26, 2022
Toys, Plushies, and Other Merchandise
- Toys are coming soon.
- Plushies are expected to follow.
- The team is working with Youtooz, a high-quality collectible creator.
- Merchandise will include physical items and Decentraland items (unannounced, upcoming partnership).
- Merchandise will be released on a rolling basis.
- The team specifically wants merchandise to be different from the standard projects.
- They are working to design sunglasses, jackets, Halloween costumes, and more that reflect the clothing found on the original Deadfellaz NFTs.
- PixelFellaz are currently in development.
- This will not be a new mint, rather just an added utility to DeadFellaz holders.
- This will only be available to the original project holders, not the Infected S1 or Betty Pop Horror holders (for now, potentially subject to change).
- Betty is currently in touch with Odell Beckham Jr.’s team.
- We could see him represent the project in some way, if the Los Angeles Rams make the Super Bowl.
- The team has funds set aside for billboards.
- They are in touch with someone to put them together, but need to decide what cities makes the most sense to place them in.
- The team is planning several future partnerships that are currently in the works (details unable to be shared).
Welcome to the fur gang @obj 🧟♀️🤝 pic.twitter.com/9fzTGERMjM— BΞTTYᵍᵐ (@betty_nft) December 31, 2021
- There have been a couple of new hires to the team on the development side.
- A new website should be launching any day now, which will include regular development blog posts.
- DeadFellaz lore is coming soon.
- A lot of utility will come with Decentraland, Sandbox, and WorldWide Webb.
- Utility will include both exclusive and open quests, games, and more.
- Several meetups are planned.
- The team has been stuck in Australia due to Covid but will make it to the UK and do events all over Europe.
- Stay tuned for more information about Halloween 2022.
- The team is working with an agency to party plan.
- DAO of the Dead is coming this year at some point, but no details yet.
Disclaimer: The author or members of the Lucky Trader staff may own NFTs discussed in this post. Furthermore, the information contained on this website or the Lucky Trader mobile application is not intended as, and shall not be understood or construed as financial advice. AI may have assisted in the creation of this content.