What's New With DeadFellaz NFT? Town Hall Recap
On Sunday, Jan. 23, 2022, the heads of the Deadfellaz NFT project, @betty_nft and @psych_nft, hosted an AMA in the official project Discord. On Monday, Jan. 24, 2022, they followed it up with a Twitter Spaces. Below is a summary of the events.
tl;dr: Up to 13,000 Deadfrenz maximum, Pixelfellaz coming, Merchandise, toys, plushies, and DAO of the Dead soon, IRL meetups and partnerships in the works
Introducing DeadFrenz Companion Collection
- The newest addition to the DeadFellaz collection, DeadFrenz, was previously announced to drop on Feb. 3.
- There will be a maximum of 13,000 NFTs, dropped in a mint-pass style.
- Thirteen different animal species, 999 NFTs of each species, and 13 1/1 alpha DeadFrenz will be available.
- The original 10,000 holders will be eligible to claim via Lab Access Passes for free plus gas.
- A wallet snapshot will be taken on Jan. 31
- DeadFellaz Infected S1 holders and Betty Pop Horror holders will be able to purchase one Lab Access Pass for each token for 0.1 ETH plus gas.
- Remaining passes will be distributed to non-holders via a reserved mint list, mostly through partnerships and collaborations with other projects.
- Passes will expire after 120 days.
- Prior to that, unclaimed/unminted passes will be withdrawn by the team to be redistributed via games and giveaways.
- The goal of the project is to be pfp (profile picture) friendly, not a 1:1 of the original DeadFellaz.
- Thirteen Alpha Lab Access Passes will be randomly airdropped on Feb. 10 to holders of the Lab Access Pass.
- These passes will look different and be redeemable for a free plus gas mint of the 1/1 Alpha Frenz.
- DeadFrenz will have unique utility (1/1 Alphas separate, extra utility).
- The team did not elaborate on what that will look like other than to say it will be connected to final supply count.
- This is why Lab Access Passes will expire after 120 days.
- DeadFrenz will get the same access behind the gate in the Discord as the other NFT projects in the collection, as will all future mints.
!croak 🐸🧟♀️ pic.twitter.com/cMzrLUtB9y— Deadfellaz 🧟♂️ (@Deadfellaz) January 26, 2022
Toys, Plushies, and Other Merchandise
- Toys are coming soon.
- Plushies are expected to follow.
- The team is working with Youtooz, a high-quality collectible creator.
- Merchandise will include physical items and Decentraland items (unannounced, upcoming partnership).
- Merchandise will be released on a rolling basis.
- The team specifically wants merchandise to be different from the standard projects.
- They are working to design sunglasses, jackets, Halloween costumes, and more that reflect the clothing found on the original Deadfellaz NFTs.
- PixelFellaz are currently in development.
- This will not be a new mint, rather just an added utility to DeadFellaz holders.
- This will only be available to the original project holders, not the Infected S1 or Betty Pop Horror holders (for now, potentially subject to change).
- Betty is currently in touch with Odell Beckham Jr.’s team.
- We could see him represent the project in some way, if the Los Angeles Rams make the Super Bowl.
- The team has funds set aside for billboards.
- They are in touch with someone to put them together, but need to decide what cities makes the most sense to place them in.
- The team is planning several future partnerships that are currently in the works (details unable to be shared).
- There have been a couple of new hires to the team on the development side.
- A new website should be launching any day now, which will include regular development blog posts.
- DeadFellaz lore is coming soon.
- A lot of utility will come with Decentraland, Sandbox, and WorldWide Webb.
- Utility will include both exclusive and open quests, games, and more.
- Several meetups are planned.
- The team has been stuck in Australia due to Covid but will make it to the UK and do events all over Europe.
- Stay tuned for more information about Halloween 2022.
- The team is working with an agency to party plan.
- DAO of the Dead is coming this year at some point, but no details yet.