Sorare NBA | Game Week 31 Primer
Welcome to the Sorare NBA Game Week 31 Primer!
The next round of action kicks off today, and we're here to break down all the relevant information for the upcoming slate. Lineups lock at 6:50 p.m. EST — with the upcoming contests running Friday-Sunday.
🤝 Sponsorship Announcement: SorareTools 🤝
Lucky Trader is thrilled to announce our new sponsor of the Sorare NBA Primer — SorareTools, the leading portfolio tracker and tax software on Sorare.
With SorareTools, you can track your returns on every card purchased, view your current and historical portfolio value, and understand the success of your trading strategy. Stay ahead of the game and elevate your Sorare collection with a free 7-day trial today.
If you like what you see, get 20% off of a 12-month subscription using the code LUCKYTRADER20!
🔒 Live Before Lock 🔒
Got last-minute lineup questions? I'll be on Mike Zakarian / Team Hold's Live Before Lock stream every Monday and Friday at 5:30 PM EST, breaking down all the news, lineup questions and value plays right before the Game Week locks. Join us for some fun (and giveaways) tonight!
🚨 Beat Me, Win PRIZES 🚨
Lucky Trader will be giving away a Limited Tier card each Game Week to one random manager who beats ME in the Common Champion in our Lucky Trader League.
This weekend's winner is Sorare User Whistamania, who will be receiving a Limited Malaki Branham prize!
Leagues are currently capped at 100 participants, so we're all full at the moment — but we've heard rumblings that might be changing soon!
Click here for more info on the Lucky Trader League and how to participate >>>
Let's get into all the action for this week of hoops:
Game Week Rewind ⏮
It was a slate full of star power, with six players (Giannis Antetokounmpo, Luka Doncic, Damian Lillard, Dejounte Murray, Lamelo Ball, Steph Curry) leading managers to glory with 70+ Sorare performances.
We also saw the weather oddly play a factor, with Wednesday's contest between the Detroit Pistons and Washington Wizards postponed due to travel issues. That left lineups rostering players from those squads for the two-game upside in the cold — with Kyle Kuzma in particular having a brutal 19 Sorare Point performance in his one outing.
Other notable players that provided significant value included:
- Naz Reid (53 Sorare Points, +34)
- Cedi Osman (38 Sorare Points, +30)
- Tari Eason (50 Sorare Points, +29)
- Walker Kessler (58 Sorare Points, +28)
- Day'Ron Sharpe (36 Sorare Points, +26)
Multi-Game Monitor 🗓
In Sorare NBA, having a player with several games during a competition can be a big advantage — with an extra chance at a ceiling performance.
2 Games: Atlanta Hawks, Charlotte Hornets, Detroit Pistons, Houston Rockets, Indiana Pacers, Minnesota Timberwolves, Orlando Magic, Philadelphia 76ers, Phoenix Suns, Portland Trail Blazers, Sacramento Kings, Toronto Raptors, Washington Wizards
Injury & Roster Info 🏥
Here are some notable (not all-inclusive) injury/lineup situations to monitor and plan for ahead of this week's games:
- Luka Doncic left Thursday's game in the third quarter and didn't return, suffering a heel bruise on a scary fall. His status will be one to monitor going forward, especially after just coming off a previous ankle injury. Christian Wood has been cleared to practice, meaning his return should come in the near future.
- Heat reserve center Orlando Robinson fractured his thumb on Tuesday, and is expected to miss several weeks. Bam Adebayo already is seeing all the minutes he can handle, but Dewayne Dedmon and Udonis Haslem could see additional run while Robinson recovers.
- Tyrese Haliburton returned to the lineup for the Pacers on Thursday and didn't miss a beat, putting up 26 points and 12 assists in 35 minutes in his first action since Jan. 11.
The info below is for Friday, Feb. 3 — but also gives insight into future availability for the rest of the Game Week:
Ruled Out ❌
- Tre Jones, SAS (foot), Jeremy Sochan, SAS (back), Romeo Langford, SAS (adductor), Cory Joseph, DET (back), De'Aaron Fox, SAC (personal), Anthony Gill, WAS (health protocols), Jalen Green, HOU (calf), Cody Martin, CHA (knee), Jusuf Nurkic, POR (calf), Cam Payne, PHO (foot)
- TJ Warren, BKN (shin), Ben Simmons, BKN (knee)
- Rudy Gobert, MIN (groin), Taurean Prince, MIN (ankle), Bryn Forbes, MIN (ankle), Joel Embiid, PHI (foot), Jabari Smith Jr., HOU (hip)
As injury information is breaking at all hours prior to lineups locking, an excellent resource for up-to-date news is the Underdog NBA Twitter account.
Value Plays 🤑
Last Game Week's Value Pick Performances:
Player | L10 | GW 30 Performance
- Precious Achiuwa, 23 L10, 32 Sorare Points (+9) 🆗
- Dorian Finney-Smith, 23 L10, 36 Sorare Points (+13) 🔥
- Aaron Wiggins, 12 L10, 6 Sorare Points (-6) ❌
- Brandon Clarke, 22 L10, 19 Sorare Points (-3) ❌
Aaron Wiggins, you've failed me! Trying to guess the OKC value is always a losing proposition. But we persist!
Game Week 31 Value Picks:
*Note — these selections are based purely on L10 value in lineups — and do not consider the auction or market prices of the players listed.
Malaki Branham | 13 L10 and Keita Bates-Diop | 12 L10— The San Antonio Spurs are both injury-plagued and tanking hard, which can lead to some value as bench players are elevated into bigger roles. One player teetering on the edge of value for a while has been Malaki Branham. The rookie has played well when he has seen the court, and could be in line for a bigger role with Tre Jones, Romeo Langford, and Jeremy Sochan all already ruled out for Friday's contest against the 76ers. Branham is coming off of a 34-point Sorare outing on Wednesday, and is a good potential stash as the Spurs sell off assets at the deadline and let the young players develop during their quest for Wembenyama. Popovich running for that #1 pick:
Keita Bates-Diop is another top value on the slate, with an L10 still at 12 despite going for 20+ Sorare Points in his last five games while seeing over 25 minutes a game. With the additional injuries, his role should expand even more this weekend.
Also Consider: Keldon Johnson (32 L10, ceiling potential with players out of the lineup)
Daishen Nix | 4 L10 and Tari Eason | 23 L10— If you're a bargain bin shopper, look no further than Rockets guard Daishen Nix this Game Week. The reserve could be thrust into big minutes at just a cap of 4, with Houston's guard tandem of Jalen Green and Kevin Porter Jr. both on the shelf with injuries. Nix saw 32 minutes in Wednesday's game against the Thunder, putting up 25 Sorare Points. Is he good — probably not. But with the potential starter's minutes, Nix is a good way to save some cap and squeeze superstars into your lineup with the chance to easily surge past his minuscule cap.
One of the hottest values in the game right now has been Tari Eason, and the rookie continues to look like a great play again this Game Week. With 30+ Sorare Points in four of his last five and coming off a 50-bagger, Eason is still way too cheap at a 23 cap for how well he has been playing. Add in Jabari Smith Jr. (questionable, hip) potentially missing time and Eason should once again have a ton of opportunities for the depleted Rockets.
Also Consider: Kenyon Martin Jr. (28 L10), Eric Gordon (25 L10)
- Davion Mitchell | 12 L10 — De'Aaron Fox (personal) is out for Friday's contest, which means Mitchell should handle the starting point guard duties.
- Drew Eubanks | 20 L10 — Jusuf Nurkic is out until at least the All-Star Break, leaving Portland with few big options on the roster.
Follow Ghost on Twitter @Ghost_Z12
If you haven't already, hop in our Lucky Trader League and compete against our staff and community!
Subscribe below to get the Primer in your email every Monday and Friday!