ThorGuards, a collection of 9,999 3D Norse god and goddess NFTs, held its official "Thorsday Happy Hour" AMA session on Dec. 16, 2021. For those unable to attend, below is an in-depth recap of the topics covered.
- Weapons airdrop is coming
- "The Archer Event" started
- 12 days of Christmas
Introduction: Who Is ThorGuards?
- ThorGuards is an NFT project on the Ethereum blockchain inspired by ThorChain, Norse mythology, and NFT technology.
- The purpose of this project is two-fold:
- To do something fun and rewarding for ThorChain ecosystem partners
- To bring more attention, awareness, and energy to that ecosystem
- The project is built around three main pillars:
- The Discord now has over 30,000 verified, non-bot members.
- ThorGuards ecosystem partners include:
- XDefi Wallet
- Qi Capital
- LP University
- BNPL Pay
- DCentral Con
- Nine Realms
- For the next 12 days leading up to Christmas, there will be rewards for ThorGuards holders.
- Rewards include weapon sneak peaks, giveaways, community events, contests, and more.
- The Archer Event is happening now.
- ThorGuards are chosen from the secondary market.
- Whoever "snipes" (purchases) those NFTs from the secondary market is rewarded.
- Final holders are rewarded a raffle entry to win a free ThorGuards NFT and $50 USD in $RUNE.
- Degen University is offering ThorGuard holders free access to an online course.
On the 2nd day of Christmas, Santa 🐇 posted a new event ⚒⚒⚒— ThorGuards ⚒️ (@ThorGuards) December 15, 2021
🎯 Archer ThorGuard Giveaway 🎯
Starting now until Dec 24, if you are able to snipe and hold these ThorGuards below, you'll be entered in a raffle to win a FREE ThorGuards NFT & earn the TG Archer🏹role on Discord! pic.twitter.com/HIgbXpWc6X
Weapons Are Coming Soon
- The ThorGuards NFT Weapons airdrop is on track for sometime in December.
- The max supply is 9,999.
- The purpose of weapons is for both visual upgrades and gaming.
- The game will start as an app and will be basic to start.
- The weapons will be attack items and have attributes.
- Future drops for shields, potions, spell books, etc. are possible.
- The snapshot will not be announced to keep weapons in the hands of the community.
On the 1st day of Christmas, Santa Rabbit gave to me 🎅🐇— ThorGuards ⚒️ (@ThorGuards) December 14, 2021
⚒ 𝗧𝗵𝗼𝗿𝗚𝘂𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 𝗡𝗙𝗧 𝗪𝗲𝗮𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗜𝗻𝗳𝗼 ⚒
⏰Wen: On-track for THIS month
🎁How: Airdrop PER ThorGuard held that is NOT listed on OpenSea
🔨Supply: Max of 9999
🎮Purpose: Games & visual upgrades pic.twitter.com/nfIy7haBJr
In this section, Q indicates a question and A indicates an answer.
This is a summary, not verbatim.
- Q: How are you going to rank weapons?
- A: They will have a rarity distribution similar to ThorGuards. It will have its own system, though. It will not be tied to the rarity of your ThorGuard NFT. There will be 44 base weapons and 5 1-of-1s.
- Q: Will ThorGuards be able to upgrade weapons?
- A: We probably will not allow for the combining of weapons, but upgrading weapons themselves is still on the table.
- Q: Is there a timeline for when the airdrops will occur?
- A: We are aiming to get the weapons out this month. It could happen tomorrow. It could happen on Sunday. It could happen on Christmas. We won't announce this beforehand.
- Q: Do I have to do anything to get the airdrop?
- A: If you're already holding a ThorGuard NFT, you don't have to do anything, as long as you don't have your ThorGuard NFT listed below 1 ETH on the secondary marketplace.
- Q: Will there be gas fees for the airdrop?
- A: We are looking into Polygon for the airdrop, so gas fees will be very small.
- Q: Do you have any thoughts on renting out ThorGuard NFT skins for the future game?
- A: We have to talk to legal, but it isn't off the table.
- Q: Is merchandise coming?
- A: Yes, we are working on merchandise. We want cool, good quality clothing designs.
- Q: What is the status of using ThorGuards as avatars in a 3D environment?
- A: We want to utilize the ThorGuards 3D model in some shape or form. It would require more development.