Floki Eyes China as the Next Frontier
Floki Inu, a shiba inu-themed meme coin project, is launching a campaign to onboard millions of Chinese crypto users, according to a tweet from @RealFlokiInu. The plan is further detailed in the accompanying Medium article.
🔙 Back It Up
Floki Inu is named after Elon Musk's pet Shiba Inu, and is a meme coin in the vein of Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB), and Baby Doge (BABYDOGE). Floki fashions itself as "the people's crypto," and in the last month launched its website, which has FLOKI updates, news, as well as info on FLOKI merch and NFTs.
What It Means
The Floki Chinese campaign will start Monday, Feb. 13, 2023 and will initially run for three months, after which it will review and decide on an extension.
- Floki will launch a Chinese version of Floki's flagship project and metaverse game Valhalla (powered by the $FLOKI token).
- The first major release of Valhalla with Open World went live in Q4 2022. Users have to hold a certain amount of FLOKI in their wallet to make their character playable. Users can also earn FLOKI tokens for battling.
- Floki has formed a strategic partnership with the leading crypto social media platform in China, Btok.
- Floki airdrop campaign with Btok for a period of 3 months.
- Btok has licensed Floki to use its Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) NFT, BAYC #7537
❗ Why It Matters
Floki sure hopes 2023 is the year of gaming for web3. Floki believes Valhalla's novel gaming mechanics and P2E economy will appeal to China's massive total addressable market, and if they experience any tangible success - others will be sure to follow.