The Intuit Metaverse?
Intuit is exploring entry into web3 and cryptocurrencies, according to an application filed with the USPTO.
Why It Matters: Intuit is just the latest major "web2" company to seek a larger footprint and foundation in web3. The financial infrastructure business is seeking to position itself in a similar mold in web3, with most of its trademark application use cases related to financial services and transactions.
What's Next: Inside Intuit's trademark application the following potential use cases are covered:
- Blockchain software for processing cryptocurrency payments and transactions.
- A virtual marketplace for buyers and sellers of NFT-authenticated digital goods.
- Cryptocurrency, digital currency and virtual currency bill payment services.
- Blockchain-based payment verification services.
- Creation and issuance of NFT and digital tokens.
- Transaction management and validation software for transactions with digital assets, digital tokens, NFT, crypto tokens, etc.