MicroStrategy's Saylor Addresses NFT Craze on Bitcoin
Michael Saylor addressed the ongoing NFT craze on Bitcoin in an interview this morning with Patrick-Bet David on Episode 267 of the PBD Podcast.
Executive Chairman of MicroStrategy, @saylor, on the impact of Ordinals on Bitcoin mining and the power of inscriptions.— Leonidas.og (@LeonidasNFT) May 9, 2023
“What happened with Ordinals and NFTs is we crossed this chasm from what was a bearish scenario to a bullish scenario. If I was a miner I would be ecstatic.” pic.twitter.com/UDIGN5C08I
🎤 Quotes from Saylor
- "There are a lot of implications...Long-term, the implication is there's going to be a lot of applications on the Bitcoin base layer."
- "I could also inscribe my last will and testament, and if my last will and testament is moving a billion dollars from me to you, how much is it worth to you to have that burned on the blockchain and cryptographically verified?"
- "This is the most valuable, most tamper-proof, immutable, secure transaction network in the world. I think the real significance of Ordinals, NFTs, and inscriptions is people used to take the transactions for granted, and they undervalued the Bitcoin mining network."
- "Long-term, what's really significant here is that people are going to see Bitcoin as the most secure cyber network or the most secure computer network in the world. And if I told you I'm going to burn a document and I want it to stay immutable for 100 years and I don't want any hostile corporation or nation-state or actor to be able to tamper with it or stop it, and in 100 years I want to prove that that's my document...You know Satoshi could sign a digital document, he could sign a message today and prove that he owns 30 billion dollars of Bitcoin and he could do it in a split second. That's the power of the Bitcoin network, and that has been underrealized, it's underestimated...[...] but ultimately the ethically sound, technically sound, economically sound future is for people to realize that Bitcoin is this immutable, incorruptible, non-sovereign computer network, and it's going to protect your money but it's also going to protect your integrity, and people are going to pay money for truth on that network."
🎤 Community Quotes
🧠 Learn More
- Memecoins Meet Bitcoin? (May 8, 2023)
- LT Ecosystem Guide - Bitcoin NFTs | What You Should Know (February 13, 2023)
Disclaimer: The author or members of the Lucky Trader staff may own NFTs discussed in this post. Furthermore, the information contained on this website or the Lucky Trader mobile application is not intended as, and shall not be understood or construed as financial advice. AI may have assisted in the creation of this content.