NFT Morning Minute | Steady Lads
Take a minute to catch up on the latest in the web3 space. Here are today's NFT market analysis, top movers, and upcoming mints:
Tyler Warner's NFT Market Summary
The NFT market is on edge right now as Crypto seems at risk of another dip. Spreading concern about Binance, given CZ's performance in recent interviews, has the crypto community worried about their solvency. Both BTC and ETH saw dips this morning, with BTC at $17,012 (-3.9%) and ETH at $1,212 (-6%), with all of this week's gains now fully given back.
It's red on the board for NFTs as well. The top-end sets are chopping or slightly red, wihle recent big movers give their gains back. Valhalla is back below 1 ETH at 0.97, down 33 percent from local highs. Tim Ferriss's COCKPUNCH is back at 0.76 ETH (-27%), down from a surge past 1 ETH, and rektguy is back at 0.89 (-20% from local highs). BAYC is one of the lone winners, up 6 percent on the day to 65.69 ETH floor.
Thursday did see a shocking new NFT project drop in Trump Digital Trading Cards. The cards, created by an LLC licensing Trump's name, sold out their 45,000 supply on Polygon and are now holding a 0.12 ETH floor ($145), up 45 percent from the $99 mint price. The project has seen a top sale at 6 ETH already, with six sales over 3 ETH.
It was also a big day for XCOPY. Moonbirds announced new custom backgrounds designed by XCOPY for birb holders who also have XCOOPY's Max Pain. Punk6529 announced the allowlist rules for today's XCOPY Meme card drop, the highest anticipated card drop of SZN 1. And XCOPY's Grifters benefitted from the attention, up 17 percent to 17.5 ETH.
In other Web3 news, OpenSea has added direct support for Ledger wallets. Animoca Brands, one of the biggest investors in Web3, is launching its own PFP project for friends and family called the Mocaverse. Frank DeGods' y00ts announced the launch of "Clubs", empowering trait sub-groups to organize and grow. The Sandbox partnered with OpenZeppelin to launch a new metaverse security service. And the team behind Onlybots has received $3M in additional funding led by Polygon Studios, helping its goal of moving AR back into the hands of creators.
NFT Total Volume*
- Bored Ape Yacht Club (2,885 ETH, 65.69 ETH Floor Price)
- Clone X (2,383 ETH, 6.15 ETH Floor Price)
- Mutant Ape Yacht Club (1,704 ETH, 13.85 ETH Floor Price)
- Valhalla (1,065 ETH, 0.97 ETH Floor Price)
- Azuki (1,021 ETH, 11.74 ETH Floor Price)
NFT Floor Price Increase*
- Murakami Lucky Cat Coin (85%, 0.28 ETH Floor Price)
- Cool Cats (30%, 2.59 ETH Floor Price)
- EightBit Me (29%, 0.14 ETH Floor Price)
- Wolf Game - Land (17%, 0.39 ETH)
- Grifters by XCOPY (17%, 17.5 ETH)
NFT Floor Price Decrease*
- COCKPUNCH (-28%, 0.76 ETH Floor Price)
- Art Gobblers (-24%, 2.14 ETH Floor Price)
- Valhalla (-22%, 0.97 ETH Floor Price)
- KPR (-17%, 0.19 ETH Floor Price)
- MNTGE Pass (-13%, 0.65 ETH Floor Price)
Upcoming NFT Mints and Reveals
- The Memes by 6529 - XCOPY Card (11:00 a.m. ET)
- Art Blocks Presents: Implications (1:00 p.m. ET)
- DNA-2 Gutter Dog Clones (4:20 p.m. ET)
- Crypto Cards (6:00 p.m. ET)
The Meme card drop today is by far the most important of the day, as XCOPY ends SZN1 of the cards with a 420 edition supply. The target price is likely well above 5 ETH for those lucky enough to mint, and it probably has upside over 10 ETH. It will be one of the lowest supply cards in the set, and thus a bottleneck for those building full sets. The Art Blocks drop is interesting as well, but AB tailwinds have cooled off considerably, with recent mints being much less profitable. Tread carefully.
For all volume and floor price data, see Lucky Trader's Project Rankings page.
For all upcoming mints, see Lucky Trader's Project Schedule page.
*data retrieved at 8:00 a.m. ET. Volume and percentages are based on the last 24 hours. Notable projects are included, typically with a 0.25 ETH minimum on the projects listed in this roundup.