Yuga Labs Taps ex-Epic Games VP as New CTO
Mike Seavers, formerly an executive VP of development at Epic Game, will be joining Yuga Labs as its new CTO on May 22, according to a press release shared this morning.
❗ Why It Matters
Seavers brings a wealth of gaming experience at one of the top gaming studios to the Yuga Labs team as it ramps up its gaming initiatives related to The Otherside. This is a clear area of focus for Yuga Labs, who recently named Daniel Alegre, an ex-Blizzard executive, as its new CEO. Gaming will continue to be a foundational pillar of the Yuga Labs ecosystem, and the Yuga is doubling down on its team.
🔙 The Deets
- Seavers will succeed Yuga Labs co-founder Kerem Atalay in the CTO role, though Atalay will "remain with the company as a close strategic advisor," according to the release.
- At Epic Games, Seavers oversaw Epic Games' work on Unreal Engine, Fortnite and the Epic Games Store. He worked at Riot Games prior to joining Epic, where he worked on League of Legends, Valorant and Legends of Runeterra.
🎤 Founder Feedback
"Mike has a proven track record of taking organizations to the next level, and he shares our vision for how important digital identity and community will be for the future of the internet. We have an opportunity to be the web3 platform at the forefront of community and social engagement, through media and entertainment, and Mike's expertise will help us scale to achieve that." -Daniel Alegre, Yuga Labs CEO
🕳️ Go Deeper
- Yuga Labs Taps Blizzard Head As Next CEO (December 19, 2022)
- Gordon Goner Takes Leave of Absence from Yuga Labs (January 28, 2023)
- Morning Minute | Yuga's Juggling Act (March 15, 2023)
- NFT Roundtable | Yuga's NFT World (March 29, 2023)