Doodles Acquires Animation Studio
In this post
Doodles announced it had acquired the animation studio, Golden Wolf, in an early morning update today.
❗ Why it Matters
Golden Wolf produced Adult Swim show Ricky & Morty, and Doodles says the acquisition will assist in the project's narrative storytelling and character development initiatives. Doodles and Golden Wolf will launch a new joint venture called Active Ingredient in partnership with creative studio Psyop.
🧠 Need to Know
- Active Ingredient will aim to "reinvent storytelling and the tools used to make them a reality" using AI and blockchain.
- Doodles CEO Julian Holguin said that Doodles was in discussions with several traditional media companies to produce a show.
- Golden Wolf has previously produced content for clients including Disney, Nike and Facebook among others.
🔜 What’s Next?
- Golden Wolf will continue to work as an independent animation studio.
- Golden Wolf founder Ingi Erlingsson will join the Doodles team as chief content officer.
- Psyop will invest in Doodles as part of the deal.
🎤 Founder Feedback
- Erlingsson said of the deal, "This partnership will unlock boundless potential within each of our businesses, accelerating our goal of redefining entertainment."
- Holguin added, "This investment is a move that advances our strategic priorities of creating world class content, leveraging technology to incubate new formats and ultimately, spreading joy to millions around the world."
🕳️ Go Deeper
Disclaimer: The author or members of the Lucky Trader staff may own NFTs discussed in this post. Furthermore, the information contained on this website or the Lucky Trader mobile application is not intended as, and shall not be understood or construed as financial advice. AI may have assisted in the creation of this content.