Doodles Acquires Animation Studio
Doodles announced it had acquired the animation studio, Golden Wolf, in an early morning update today.
❗ Why it Matters
Golden Wolf produced Adult Swim show Ricky & Morty, and Doodles says the acquisition will assist in the project's narrative storytelling and character development initiatives. Doodles and Golden Wolf will launch a new joint venture called Active Ingredient in partnership with creative studio Psyop.
🧠 Need to Know
- Active Ingredient will aim to "reinvent storytelling and the tools used to make them a reality" using AI and blockchain.
- Doodles CEO Julian Holguin said that Doodles was in discussions with several traditional media companies to produce a show.
- Golden Wolf has previously produced content for clients including Disney, Nike and Facebook among others.
🔜 What’s Next?
- Golden Wolf will continue to work as an independent animation studio.
- Golden Wolf founder Ingi Erlingsson will join the Doodles team as chief content officer.
- Psyop will invest in Doodles as part of the deal.
🎤 Founder Feedback
- Erlingsson said of the deal, "This partnership will unlock boundless potential within each of our businesses, accelerating our goal of redefining entertainment."
- Holguin added, "This investment is a move that advances our strategic priorities of creating world class content, leveraging technology to incubate new formats and ultimately, spreading joy to millions around the world."
🕳️ Go Deeper