VeeFriends Partners With Courtyard To Redefine Collecting
Today, VeeFriends announced a partnership with Courtyard (@Courtyard_NFT), a physically-backed NFT platform that is redefining collecting by allowing anyone to own and trade physical items on the blockchain.
- Courtyard stores physical collectibles (trading cards, sneakers, watches, etc.) in secured vaults, creates a 3D representation of the asset, and mints it as an NFT on the blockchain. Courtyard calls these connected collectibes.
- Courtyard.io is a @ycombinator startup, and the physically-backed NFT platform raised $7 million in November 2022 to fuel product development, hiring, and expansion within Courtyard's target market.
- Collectors no longer have to choose between owning a digital or physical asset, as Courtyard’s platform offers both.
- Once the physical collectible has been received and tokenized by Courtyard, users can:
- Trade their NFT on any Ethereum-compatible marketplace.
- Hold their valued collections as NFTs and connect with other collectors.
- Burn their NFT on Courtyard’s website to redeem the underlying asset (Courtyard will ship redeemed collectibles to over 150 countries).
❗ Why It Matters
NFTs have been classified as "jpegs" and art, among other things. They're also a "scam", or "the future," depending on who you ask. The concept of NFTs means different things to different people, but the idea of them as digital collectibles is a fairly universal one. Now, VeeFriends is partnering with Courtyard because Gary Vee believes in a future that marries both physical and digital collectibles.
🎤 Founder Feedback
🧐 Wait, What?
How does Courtyard work?
- Physical items get authenticated, insured, and vaulted with @Brinks, the global leader in security and transportation for valuables. 1:1 3D models of each asset are created and then minted for the owners.
Trading and storing valuable physical items can be a hassle (shipping, high fees, damage, theft, etc.). Connected collectibles help alleviate the frictions and risks, and collectibles get a new life on-chain.
How do I get started?
To browse and buy vaulted physical items on-chain, check out OpenSea's Connected Collectible category: opensea.io/category/connected-collectibles
Can I tokenize my own collectibles?
- You can vault graded cards, comics, or coins to turn them into connected collectibles and earn 1% of future on-chain sales for items you curate.
🎤 Community Quotes
I thought this was the hotel courtyard like holders get free stay or discounted at places while traveling. Never mindRussOviatt.eth
🧠 Learn More