ICYMI: Cryptoon Goonz Town Hall Meeting Summary (December 1, 2021)
Last Wednesday, Cryptoon Goonz NFT hosted an informative Town Hall meeting. Below is a summary of the event that took place on December 1, 2021.
Key Takeaways: OpenSea verifications, interview with Gary Vaynerchuk, donations to help people with mental illness, hi-res images are coming, Art Basel in Miami, the search for an animator is on, and tokenomics and staking is coming
For the entire Town Hall audio, click here.
What Is Cryptoon Goonz?
- Cryptoon Goonz is an art and community first project.
- The team is attempting to become a globally recognized brand.
- The mint went slow for the first 50 percent (about two weeks), then sold out the remaining 50 percent in 12 hours.
- This is a long-term project with a long-term vision, according to the team.
- Sean, the Cryptoon Goonz creator, became verified as an artist on OpenSea.
- Cryptoon Goonz is on the OpenSea panel to be reviewed to get verified (blue check mark).
Cryptoon Goonz Meets Gary Vaynerchuk
- Cryptoon Goonz was featured on Gary Vaynerchuk's new show for emerging NFT artists, DNA with GaryVee.
- Listen to the entire interview here.
- Cryptoon Goonz donated 5 ETH (~$23,000) to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Foundation.
- The team utilized a holder-only voting procedure to pick the charity.
- NAMI Foundation accepts ETH, which means the transaction is publicly available on the blockchain.
High Resolution Images and Art Basel
- High resolution (hi-res) images of all Cryptoon Goonz NFTs will be available by next week.
- The process is delayed because the entire team is going to Art Basel in Miami.
- The team is going to the Gary Vaynerchuk VeeFriends party to network.
- Jonathan Bales, co-founder of Lucky Trader, provided the team a guide for Art Basel.
- The team is meeting with other artists and other people in the streetwear space to discuss official collaborations on merchandise.
Cryptoon Goonz Community Wallet
- The Cryptoon Goonz community wallet is currently worth more than a quarter million USD.
- There is a Discord system for all Cryptoon Goonz NFT holders to propose and vote on proposals on how to spend the ETH in the community wallet.
Finding an Animator
- Cryptoon Goonz is actively looking for a long-term partnership with an animator to bring the project to life.
- This is not a one-time hire. The team is looking for an animator to become an active member of the team.
Introducing Tokenomics and Staking
- Tokenomics and staking rewards are coming to Cryptoon Goonz, but the team emphasized this is NOT a way to earn passive income.
- This is a way to bridge a digital and physical experience for the community.
- Cryptoon Goonz NFTs can be staked for a period of time and earn a token.
- The name of the token has not yet been decided.
- The token can be redeemed for rewards, including exclusive merchandise, Infinite Objects (a physical screen to showcase animated NFTs), skateboard collages, physical paintings from Sean, and more.
In this section, Q indicates a question and A indicates an answer.
This is a summary, not verbatim.
- Q: Are shoe designs going to be a possibility in the future?
- A: Yes, absolutely.
- Q: Will dates come out on when to expect some of this stuff (on the roadmap)?
- A: When I set a date, I set an expectation that doesn't let us be flexible. I prefer to be flexible with dates. I can put more pressure on us as a team to hard commit to some dates. Our first initial merchandise drop was going to be on Friday, but we're pushing it back a few days. Hi-res images and an official merchandise drop is coming next week. We will work on dates.
- Q: How is the merchandise drop going to work? Is there a limited supply?
- A: This first drop will set a tone with regard to quality. No, we are not going to do an insane whitelist, gas war drop. First and foremost, we want to take care of people who are holding and want this merch. We will sell this first run for our holders, so long as there is inventory for the size and product that you are requesting.
- Q: Have you thought about doing a Cryptoon Goonz meet up?
- A: Yes, we can schedule an event. We can say the team is going to be here, so come hang out with us for the weekend. But we want to take care of travel costs on holder's behalf. Value is not having an opportunity to spend more money on something. We hope staking and tokenomics can bridge this digital experience with the physical world, including meet ups.
- Q: Is the animation going to be in addition to our NFTs? Will this be some sort of show?
- A: This is absolutely in addition to your NFTs. It's a way to create something fun for holders, and yes, I would love to continue conversations about getting a short. Robotos got so much hype when they got a cartoon deal, and they've been around for months. Getting a professional animator is the first step.
- Q: Will everyone get an animated NFT?
- A: You will be able to get your Cryptoon Goonz NFT animated by redeeming with our token(s).
- Q: Is there any thought on utilizing the skills of the community?
- A: Three of the people we have interviewed are from our community. I would love to promote from within.
- Q: What do you define as a genuine holder?
- A: A holder is anyone who has at least one Cryptoon Goonz NFT in their wallet right now.
- Q: What does it mean to stake something?
- A: A very in-depth how-to guide with instructions will be provided in the future. In short, when you stake a Cryptoon Goonz NFT, you locked it up. You cannot do anything with it. You can't sell it or trade it. And that's it. The longer that it sits there being staked, the more tokens you will earn. And those can be redeemed for the things I mentioned before.
- Q: Can I get some tattoos on my Cryptoon Goonz?
- A: One of the cool things with gamification is that it opens up so many possibilities, so I wouldn't rule that out.
- Q: Is a battle royale coming up?
- A: Those are grand visions we'd like to explore.
- Q: Are you thinking about putting out brand guidelines?
- A: It might be a good idea to standardize colors, give the community the Cryptoon Goonz text file, yes, this is a very good idea.
- Q: What is the state of the DAO?
- A: We plan on getting proposals ready when we get back from Art Basel.
- Q: How does rarity come into the picture when talking about tokenomics?
- A: We have no plans of introducing rarity into staking.