ICYMI: Pixel Vault Town Hall Recap
Pixel Vault, the creators of Punks Comics and the MetaHero Universe, hosted a Town Hall on January 12, 2022, to update the community on what is going on behind the scenes. For anyone who could not attend, below is the summary of the topics discussed.
- @economist and @jakewittman added to the team in full-time roles.
- Moving forward with Elite Ape covers.
- Ape entry token for Elite Ape covers based on Pixel Vault holdings.
- Live Core Identity reveal.
- The team is continuing work on the United Planets DAO.
- Cool Pets raffle.
Ape Entry Token
- All holders of any Pixel Vault token will have the ability to receive an Ape Entry Token.
- There will be 30,000-35,000 tokens.
- Holders of a full Planet DAO set, a full Pixel Vault Genesis set, a Punks Comic Issue 1, and a Core Identity can receive up to 3 tokens.
- Holders of a Founders DAO token and or a Bored Ape Yacht Club can receive up to 2 tokens.
- Holders of a Punks Mintpass #1, any Planet token, any Metahero Identity or a Mutant Ape Yacht Club can receive up to 1 token.
- Users can burn the token to mint their Ape Cover.
- The team will make it so you can track the tokens burns and mints live.
- There will be utility to the token in the future if you decide not to mint.
- There will be 750 of each edition of the Ape Cover.
- Holders will have until the end of the month to claim their token.
- Full FAQ for Ape Cover and Ape Entry token will be live on Pixel Vault's website.
- It will feature teasers of the animated coin and Elite Ape preview.
Plant Token Giveaway on January 13, 2022
- Holders of a Mars, Jupiter, or Saturn token will be eligible to win.
- Winners will receive a Planet DAO token which can be used to claim a Side Kick mintpass.
- Token will have a use case in term 2 staking pool.
Cool Pets Giveaway
- Cool Cats gave away 200 Cool Pets spots for Founders DAO holders.
- Addresses with one Founders DAO token will be entered into a raffle to win the spots.
In this section, Q indicates a question and A indicates an answer from the Pixel Vault team.
This is a summary, and quotes are not transcribed verbatim.
- Q: Can you comment on staking the Founders DAO token?
- A: The idea is that over time we will continue to decentralize decision-making. We do not want to dilute the power of the Founders but we want to spread out the power. We want a decentralized community for decentralized decision-making.
- Q: Can you comment on the next funding round?
- A: No comment.
- Q: Will there be bonuses for holding full sets? Can we have an estimate on these bonuses?
- A: Sets are a long-term commitment to collecting. However, we do not have a specific time for that. The plan is to continue to reward set holders but we cannot rush ourselves to where we want to be.
- Q: Are there any plans for Core Sidekicks?
- A: As of now there are no plans for Core Sidekicks but we may add in more characters over time.
- Q: How many Mint Pass #2 will there be in supply?
- A: We are expecting there to be 60000 Mint Pass #2 in circulation but we have an aggressive deflationary mechanic planned. You can burn Mint Pass #2 to level up and reroll your Sidekick.
- Q: What was the ideology on raising so much capital so fast from multiple investors?
- A: We do not need the money but speed to market is important. Large cash infusions are a key to getting ahead of the game. We want to take advantage of our early mover status. Scaling requires a fusion of capital and the top minds in the industry. The network effect of having these people is priceless.
- Q: How do you weigh the investor's voice against the communities voice?
- A: We control a vast majority of the business, so anyone who comes in to participate will be on the same level as the community. We do not give the VCs any sort of advantage. We want like-minded people trying to build a Web3 business.
- Q: Can you talk about how the WME partnership helped Pixel Vault?
- A: Having access to the CEO of companies is much more valuable than just having a business person represent them. They are helping align partnerships with other major studios. We love the ability to work with A+ talent.
- Q: Is all of the legal stuff good to go with FoundersDAO?
- A: Everything should be good to go. We want to make sure we stay within the boundaries of the law. Staying out of prison is always number one.