Morning Minute | PFP Revival
Take a minute to catch up on the latest in the Web3 space with today's NFT market analysis, top movers, and upcoming mints:
TylerD's NFT Market Summary
The week is off to a fast start for the major PFP projects, nearly all of which have broken news in the past few days.
📰 What's Going on with PFPs?
Doodles, Azuki, Moonbirds, RTFKT/Clone X, and Pudgy Penguins have all been in the headlines this week, perhaps inspired by the raging success of BAYC's Dookey Dash.
Let's run through them and see who is poised to win in the near term.
- Doodles had a major announcement, sharing an acquisition of animation studio "Golden Wolf" which produced Rick & Morty. The pair are launching a new joint venture to "reinvent storytelling and the tools used to make them a reality" using AI and blockchain. Doodles jump 12 percent on the news, to 7.84 ETH.
- Azuki released a teaser video yesterday, featuring an Azuki character with a Beanz companion, with the tagline "Wake up..." This seemed to be an "announcement of an announcement," and after Zagabond went on Red Bean Radio last night with no major news, the market pulled back (Azuki -4% to 14.16 ETH; Beanz -10% to 1.53).
- Moonbirds had a small announcement coupled with PROOF, with the PROOF of Conference tickets going on sale soon. PROOF members get 1 free ticket, while Moonbirds and Oddities holders get 2 and 1 ticket at 50 percent discount (floors unmoved).
- RTFKT announced Pod burning is happening today, with different mechanics for Space Pod burning, Loot Pod burning, and multiples. CloneX was unchanged on the news, with the floor at 4.99 ETH (Podx up 12% on the week to 0.365 ETH).
- And Pudgy Penguins had their big news over the weekend, with their new soulTransport token for sub-communities and their teaser that "expansion is coming." The Pengus finally broke through the big wall at 5.5 ETH on Blur, now at 5.6 ETH.
So who are the winners here?
Doodles and Pudgy Penguins.
Doodles have the most coming in the near future, and after a letdown from Azuki, expect some rotation to the Doodles eco with Dooplicator and Doodles 2 news coming.
Pengus are the wildcard, looking primed to move and seemingly having their own cohort in the PFP space. Don't fade the Pengus.
🚚 What else is moving?
The NFT market volume came in at around 17,000 ETH Monday, led by a massive day from Sewer Passes.
Sewer Passes did over 4,000 ETH volume and surged 40 percent to 2.65 ETH floor for T1 passes, with T4 passes reaching 7.7 ETH.
Otherdeeds caught some major volume as well, rising 6 percent to 1.42 ETH.
In low caps, Ponzi NFT jumped to 0.21 ETH (+37%) and Checks hit 0.27 ETH (+21%).
And the biggest winners of the day were Echo Keys (+80% to 1.6 ETH) and NFT Worlds (+62% to 1.3 ETH).
🌎 Around Web3
Some other NFT and Web3 headlines that caught my eye:
- The Floor app has acquired NFT analytics platform WGMI, furthering Floor's mission to make NFTs more understandable
- Hello Moon launched a new developer platform on the Solana blockchain
- Art Blocks announced dates for its annual Marfa open house event, happening Sept 21-24 this year
- Rug Radio has added a new co-CEO in Loxley Fernandes to lead business development and strategy
🚀 NFT Total Volume
- Sewer Pass (4,789 ETH, 2.65 ETH Floor)
- Otherdeeds (1,361 ETH, 1.42 ETH)
- Mutant Ape Yacht Club (1,143 ETH, 13.95 ETH)
- Bored Ape Kennel Club (677 ETH, 7.2 ETH)
- CryptoPunks (642 ETH, 65 ETH)
📈 NFT Floor Price Increase
- Echo Key (80%, 1.6 ETH Floor)
- NFT Worlds (62%, 1.3 ETH)
- Sewer Pass (40%, 2.65 ETH)
- Ponzi NFT (37%, 0.21 ETH)
- Checks (21%, 0.27 ETH)
🗓 Upcoming NFT Mints and Reveals
Today is a big day for new drops.
First the Meme card, "Copepe," is going to be huge, but with 2k supply, it may be the floor for SZN2 and a more approachable entry for those trying to get into the ecosystem.
Toshies and the Hasbulla reveal will both have eyes on them.
And then the biggest mint of the day may be the Terrell Jones edition that comes at 3 p.m. It is just 200 supply for 0.25 ETH, with each mint a raffle shot at a 1/1. Expect a gas war.
- Memes by 6529 (11:00 a.m. ET)
- Toshies (12:30 p.m. ET)
- Terrell Jones edition (3:00 p.m. ET)
- Hasbulla - reveal (7:00 p.m. ET)
Enjoy this write-up? Follow along with me on Twitter @tyler_did_it or reach out via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all volume and floor price data, see Lucky Trader's Project Rankings page.
For all upcoming mints, see Lucky Trader's Project Schedule page.