NFT Morning Minute | Art Gobblers Arrive
Take a minute to catch up on the latest in the web3 space. Here are today's NFT market analysis, top movers, and upcoming mints:
Tyler Warner's NFT Market Summary
This weekend had some interesting NFT news, likely headlined by Elon Musk taking over Twitter and tweeting a CryptoDickButt image Sunday morning, causing that floor to spike 50 percent in one hour. Art Blocks announced the projects which would be featured at Art Basel this year, and each of those projects went on major runs over the weekend. As the BAYC floor dipped to 71 ETH over the weekend, 12 new BendDAO auctions were kicked off though most have been since bought. The 0n1 Force project is said to be in negotiations with a secret buyer for their project, separate from Cameron Moulene. And DigiDaigaku founder Gabe Leydon teased their new airdrop coming today.
In market action, Saturday saw just 4,644 ETH volume, by far the lowest total of 2022, and Sunday tallied 5,481 ETH for a meager 10,025 ETH across the weekend. With such little volume, most floors were slightly down or even on the weekend, but there were some winners. Friday's Art Blocks x Pace Gallery project "Contractions" ran past 7.5 ETH on Sunday, up 10x from mint price, before settling at 6.2 ETH. This led to other Pace sets moving as well, with QWERTY up 150 percent to 1.2 ETH, and Petro National up 65 percent to 4.9 ETH.
Other Art Blocks sets had success this weekend as well, with Fake It Til You Make It up 100 percent to 0.8 ETH on the news it would be featured at Art Basel, and Dynamic Slices was swept overnight, nearly doubling to a 6.9 ETH floor. Other notable winners on the weekend included DigiDaigaku Genesis, up 15 percent to 12 ETH and Beanz up 9 percent to 0.85 ETH.
This week is set to be a turbulent one in the macro markets, with FOMC coming on Nov. 2, payroll numbers on Nov. 4, U.S. midterm elections on Nov. 8, and the new CPI data on Nov. 10. Buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
NFT Total Volume*
- Bored Ape Yacht Club (472 ETH, 70 ETH Floor Price)
- Aopanda Party (264 ETH, 0.58 ETH Floor Price)
- CryptoDickButts (264 ETH, 2.9 ETH Floor Price)
- CryptoPunks (229 ETH, 65 ETH Floor Price)
- Ethereum Name Service (194 ETH, 0.0 ETH Floor Price)
NFT Floor Price Increase*
- Dynamic Slices (77%, 6.9 ETH Floor Price)
- Aopanda Party (57%, 0.58 ETH Floor Price)
- Timeless (26%, 0.39 ETH Floor Price)
- DigiDaigaku (15%, 11.95 ETH Floor Price)
- Nina's Super Cool World (14%, 0.43 ETH Floor Price)
NFT Floor Price Decrease*
- Rare Apepe YC (-35%, 0.25 ETH Floor Price)
- ASM Brains (-22%, 0.86 ETH Floor Price)
- Contractions by Loie Holloway (-17%, 6.2 ETH Floor Price)
- IlluminatiNFT (-17%, 0.35 ETH Floor Price)
- Spooky Season: Rojom (-15%, 0.33 ETH Floor Price)
Upcoming NFT Mints and Reveals
- Scamp (10:00 a.m. ET)
- JPEG by Ran Robert Leegte (1:00 p.m. ET)
- Scaredy Cubits (2:00 p.m. ET)
- Art Gobblers (4:20 p.m. ET)
- Gutter Cat Gang Juice Fusion (time TBD)
- DigiDaigaku - Airdrop (time TBD)
The mint of the day, and maybe the week, is Art Gobblers. It has been the talk of NFT Twitter for days now and is already seeing OTC action at 3.5-4 ETH for allow list spots. Expect this to be a major liquidity event. An under-the-radar mint is today's Art Blocks Presents project "JPEG", which will be the first in the new "Presents" series. With recent AB tailwinds, this could be one to watch. Today also features Gutter Cat Gang Juice Fusion event, along with the DigiDaigaku "Dark Spirits" airdrop, so expect one of the busiest days in the NFT market in a long time.
For all volume and floor price data, see Lucky Trader's Project Rankings page.
For all upcoming mints, see Lucky Trader's Project Schedule page.
*data retrieved at 8:00 a.m. ET. Volume and percentages are based on the last 24 hours. Notable projects are included, typically with a 0.25 ETH minimum on the projects listed in this roundup.