Daniel Alegre Takes Over as Yuga Labs CEO Tomorrow
Daniel Alegre announced that today is his last day at Activision Blizzard, and he is officially starting as the CEO of Yuga Labs tomorrow.
❗ Why It Matters
Yuga Labs' focus on its gaming ecosystem is about to go into hyperdrive. Otherside's 2nd Trip recently concluded last weekend, and both the HV-MTL Evo process and the Legends of the Mara experience loom on the horizon.
So the timing of Alegre's arrival couldn't be better, especially in the wake of Yuga Labs co-founder Gordon Goner taking a leave of absence for health reasons at the end of January. It will be incredibly beneficial to have a true veteran of the gaming industry like Alegre at the helm.
🔙 Back It Up
- Alegre was hired as the next CEO of Yuga Labs back on December 19, 2022, and was due to take the reins “in the first half of 2023.”
- He will succeed Nicole Muniz, who will remain as both a partner and strategic advisor.
- At Blizzard, Alegre has served as COO since April 2020. He oversaw the international delivery of franchises like Call of Duty, Candy Crush, Diablo, Overwatch, and World of Warcraft (a personal favorite of Yuga Labs co-founders Gordon Goner and Garga).
- Before Blizzard, Alegre worked at Google for 16 years in various capacities. He built out a global approach to retail across Google's product areas and drove Google's global partnerships across all functional areas, including monetization, maps, search enablement, and transactions.
- Daniel holds a BA degree from Princeton University, as well as dual MBA and JD degrees from Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School.
- Alegre's MAYC #3850 is an M1 Robot with a Cowboy Hat, and was purchased for 16 ETH on December 15, 2022.
🎤 Founder Feedback
Today is my last day as President and COO of Activision Blizzard. Thank you to the incredible teams who create truly epic games. Tomorrow I officially start at CEO of Yuga Labs. Couldn't be more excited for this next chapter. pic.twitter.com/eo3RfIyz0q— Daniel Alegre (@dalegre) March 31, 2023
🕳️ Go Deeper
- Yuga Labs Taps Blizzard Head As Next CEO (December 19, 2022)
- Gordon Goner Takes Leave of Absence from Yuga Labs (January 28, 2023)
- Morning Minute | Yuga's Juggling Act (March 15, 2023)
- NFT Roundtable | Yuga's NFT World (March 29, 2023)