Latest byteGANs News
Leading web3 AI generative artist Pindar Van Arman laid out his plans for the near future in a Twitter thread posted last night. Van Arman addresses his vision both for his existing collections and new works.
- AI Imagined Faced: A 100-edition collection hosted by BrightMoments. This collection will be minted in person, at a location in Tokyo. Minters will also receive a "physical canvas."
- Decoherence: More "occasional limited edition artist grade 4"x6" and 10"x10" giveaways" on an unscheduled basis.
- bitGANs/podGANs/byteGANs: Van Arman says that bitGANs and podGANs are both "done," though podGANs may be involved in future BrainDrops drops. byteGANs, on the other hand, "will be active in multiple ways." Upcoming Crucible events will allow holders to upgrade their NFTs to new types. There will also be more byteGANgs 1/1 auctions in the future.
- qubitGANs: Van Arman described this as his "most anticipated future drop," describing it as a combination of bitGANs with the technical quality of Decoherence. Van Arman adds, "Am digging deep into quantum computers and their significance to do something great with these." The collection will be released during the second half of this year.
AI Artist Pindar Van Arman, creator of byteGANgs released an update on "le Crucible" - a place where byteGANgs go to "cook for a bit, merge with others, and come out as a rarer new hybrid."
❗ Why It Matters
In the "le Crucible" a new kind of byteGAN called "cycloGANs" are created. Adding a new third skull, third octo, and third cyber - these limited creations will upgrade some common byteGANs into rares, however, there is still much more to learn about them.
Pindar also states that these new iterations are a creative way to combat Blur token farming within the collection while also rewarding long-term collectors.
🔎 The Deets
- byteGANs will be upgrading from Common types to Rare types, in very limited quantities.
- These will not dilute the rarity of your byteGANs if you hold UltraRares or Uniques.
- The plan will be to sweep the floor and send pieces to Crucible which will then melt them and evolve them into new types.
- These new, rarer creations will be re-released back into the existing collection, either as trades or sales, to keep the crucible burning and upgrading.
Art, Story & Collector focused...@BigbullyE
A 1/1 byteGAN (or byteGANg in this case) NFT is being auctioned by Sotheby's, with an estimated price set at 10,000 Euros (about $10.7k USD)
❗ Why It Matters
Van Arman is one of the pioneers of AI art NFTs, and having his work featured at Sotheby's serves can be interpreted as a stamp of approval from the traditional art world.
- Within the byteGAN collection, there are 11 total 1/1s, called "byteGANgs."
- These byteGANgs are unique in that they feature more than one byteGAN in the art. The piece being auctioned by Sotheby's features 16 black and white "octo primeGANs," as described by Van Arman.
- The byteGAN collection was one of the big winners in weekend trading, with its floor price rising 29% to 1.8 ETH as of this morning.
⚡ Take Action
- Those interested in placing a bid on this unique item can do so here. Bids can either be placed in fiat or cryptocurrency.