Latest EtherOrcs Genesis News
The EtherOrcs project is halting new development, according to a tweet last night from co-founder @poof_eth.
❗Why It Matters
EtherOrcs was one of the early web3 gaming projects to gain traction when it dropped in October of 2021. Since then, the EtherOrcs Genesis collection has generated over 6,200 ETH in secondary trading volume on OpenSea.
🧠 Need to Know
- EtherOrcs originally dropped as a free mint with no monetization.
- According to poof, the project has taken in less than 400 ETH in royalties.
- EtherOrcs claims to have created the "on-chain gaming category" and was one of the few projects to offer a playable game to date.
- The team has explored funding options, but poof noted that "a project like ours is difficult for investors and adventure capitalists [sic] to understand."
- Poof says the team opted not to sell a new collection in order to raise funds, as that path does not align with the team's ethics.
🔜 What's Next?
- The project will transition to CC0 so that others can build using EtherOrcs assets and IP.
- Because EtherOrcs are fully on-chain, poof says there is opportunity for the "community to build on the base assets and find new ways of engaging with the project."
🎤 Community Feedback
So much respect for you, the team and the EtherOrcs community. The project represents a spirit that is essential to this space. Thank you for everything.bearsnake_21
Im sorry to hear this. You guys worked really hard. Please keep making games in web3. We need dedicated developers making cool things. Let us know what your next adventure is.RealJonahBlake
The DigiDaigaku x Etherorcs event is now live. Players will be able to form "Parties" from a pool of EtherOrcs Allies and Tier 4 Weapons and Armor.
Digis!! Today at 8 PM EST you will enter the Etherorcs dungeon for our collaboration event!— DigiDaigaku (@DigiDaigaku) November 22, 2022
You will get to face Gabe as a boss and compete for epic Lootbox prizes!
Check out the thread below for more info 👇 pic.twitter.com/ctBnhW0GbH
The Dungeon is exclusively available for EtherOrcs x DigiDaigaku Genesis Adventure Key holders. Rewards for this event will be given out via airdrop after the event has concluded. Keep your adventure key staked to make sure you receive the airdrop.
DigiDaigaku Genesis NFT holders should expect an airdrop soon, according to a tweet from the project.
The airdrop is part of the newly formed collaboration and partnership with EtherOrcs, a dungeon-based gaming NFT project.
The airdrop will consist of one DigiDaigaku Genesis Adventure Key EtherOrcs, which when staked, allows the holder to use a DigiDaigaku character within the EtherOrcs game. Each playable character will have unique stats and abilities, which are described in detail in the EtherOrcs breakdown.
After the airdrop, an official collaboration event will commence (sometime this week according to Gabriel Leydon) in two separate phases.
Phase one will allow EtherOrcs NFT holders to storm a "Digi Dungeon" up to 1,000 times for exclusive loot held within a "Digi Chest."
Phase two will allow Adventure Key EtherOrcs airdrop holders to crawl into a new EtherOrcs dungeon for additional prizes, which will be usable in the EtherOrcs gaming system.
Want to experience the upcoming gameplay? You can do so via the EtherOrcs demo.