Doodles Confirms Move to Flow for Doodles 2
In a letter to the community on Wednesday morning, @doodles confirmed Doodles 2 will move to Flow, and also provided details on the role Dooplicators and Genesis Boxes will play in the new collection.
❗ Why it Matters
A move to Flow had been widely speculated, and it makes sense given the founding team's previous ties to Dapper Labs, the creators of the Flow blockchain. After months of waiting, we finally have more information on the timeline for Doodles 2, as well.
🧠 Need to Know
- Doodles 2 will be customizable using different attributes like body, hair style, emotion, etc.
- They can also be equipped with wearables that come from Dooplicators and Genesis Boxes.
- Doodles cited Flow's "nonexistant gas fees" as a key factor in the move to the blockchain.
📅 What's Next?
- On January 31, Doodles will launch "the first step in the Doodles 2 product experience" by activating Dooplicators.
- At that time, Dooplicators will mint the first Doodles 2 wearables.
- A month later, Genesis Boxes will mint the second set of Doodles 2 wearables.
- Each set of wearables will unlock a "Doodles 2 Beta Pass" for future use. This pass will be needed to participate in the "Create Your Own Doodle" tool's beta launch.
🕳️ Go Deeper