Latest Pudgy Penguins News
Get ready to party with the Pudgy Penguins! Registration is now live for the Pudgy NYC meet-up.
❗Why It Matters
The Pudgy NYC event marks one of the first official events since the joint DeLabs/Pudgy event went viral in Paris. Holders will now take to New York to try and forge deeper community connections.
- The event will take place on April 12 from 7:00 p.m. ET to midnight.
- Location: The Lightbox, 248 W 37th St, New York
- There are limited tickets available, holders are encouraged to RSVP as soon as possible.
- Pudgy's can invite a guest.
🎬 Take Action
Ready to party in The Huddle? Sign up to get your tickets.
Last week, Pudgy Penguins filed two new U.S. Trademark applications, as reported by trademark and copyright attorney, @NeerMcD.
❗ Why It Matters
CEO Luca Netz has been vocal that he envisions Pudgy Penguins existing as a brand outside of the NFT space, and today's news perhaps sheds a little light on exactly what Netz may have up his sleeve for the project's future.
🔎 The Deets
Mentioned in Application 97842598 are the following items:
- Printed comic books; printed materials, namely novels and series of fiction books and short stories featuring scenes and characters based on video games
- Collectable printed trading cards
- Various merch items (hoodies, hats, pants, etc.)
- Board games, puzzles, action figures, stuffed animals, trading card games, stress relief toys, social emotional toys, educational toys
- Candy, various snacks, cereal, frozen yogurt
- Retail store services featuring virtual goods
- Entertainment services, namely providing virtual characters for use in online and virtual environments
- A website allowing users to upload and download music, video clips and images
Application 97842583 added these items:
- Audio and video recording featuring music and artistic performances
- Downloadable music files authenticated by NFTs
- Downloadable multimedia file containing artwork relating to characters through NFTs or soulbound tokens
Pudgy Penguins inked a partnership with Retail Monster to help "put our upcoming Pudgy Toyline on the shelves of retailers around the world," the project announced this afternoon.
❗ Why It Matters
The Pudgy Toyline is a major initiative for Pudgy Penguins, and today's announcement sheds more light on the project's plans for launch. Retail Monster's stated goal is to help "deliver family brands to retail."
🔍 Need to Know
- Retail Monsters has experience representing large brands including Disney, Dreamworks and Hasbro.
- Retail Monsters will additionally serve as licensing agents, presenting Pudgy Penguins with licensing opportunities through their partners and connections.
- Ealier this month, Pudgy Penguins CEO Luca Netz shared a preview of what the upcoming Pudgy Penguin figurines may look like.
🧠 Learn More
Netz was vocal over the weekend in reaction to OpenSea's decision to temporarily reduce royalty fees, stating he didn't think he could have justified buying Pudgy Penguins for $2.5M without having the safety net of royalties to fall back on.
Netz further stated that Pudgy Penguins had been preparing for the move for 10 months, "so for us, it isn't detrimental." Netz is hopeful that the Pudgy Toyline, among other verticals, can boost revenue for the company in the coming days with the future of creator royalties looking unclear.
🎤 Community Feedback
This is huge! Congrats to @LucaNetz and and the rest of the team. Cant wait to get my hands on some Pudgy Plushies (jk idk what you will call them but, thats my vote)@TitoToro_
Pudgy Penguins announced it is co-hosting "Midnight in Paris," an official and private event with DeGods, on Feb. 24 in Paris, France.
❗ Why It Matters
Two of the most prominent PFP projects are collaborating for an IRL event in Paris of their own making, and it's notably not attached to a larger event like NFT NYC or Art Basel.
This comes in the wake of DeGods announcing its plans to take over NYC for NFT NYC 2023, and both teams clearly have an eye on ramping up "IRL activations" in 2023.
🔜 What’s Next?
RSVP details for holders to be announced in the next week.
🎤 Community Quotes
Boats, penguins, degods, sounds like the ultimate party in Paris 🔥🔥Tytan.eth
Pudgy Penguins announced the official Sotheby's Soulbound Token (SBT), a token of authentication from participating in the auction last November.
🧐 Wait, What?
Soulbound tokens (SBTs) are NFTs or tokens that cannot be transferred from the wallet they are initially distributed to.
❗ Why It Matters
This news comes on the back of the Pudgy Penguins team announcing the release of "The Pudgy soulTransport" a few weeks back.
The implementation of this decentralized solution for the distribution of soulbound tokens for Pudgy Penguin subcommunities is an effort to expand Web3 accessibility, and the commemoration of the Sotheby's auction represents yet another step along that journey.
🎤 Founder Feedback
🧠 Learn More
- Pudgy Penguins Empowering Subcommunities
- Lil Pudgys Are Officially Cross-Chain
- Pudgy Penguins Release Soulbound Token
The Pudgy Penguins Twitter account tweeted a video today featuring Lil Pudgys traveling through a portal to announce that, "The Lil Pudgys are officially cross-chain."
❗ Why it Matters
This announcement from Pudgy Penguins comes on the heels of Doodles' plans to move its expansion collection, Doodles 2, to the Flow blockchain. The future is indeed multi-chain.
🧠 Need to Know
- Lil Pudgy holders can visit bridge.pudgypenguins.com to travel across chains.
- Supported chains currently include Arbitrum, Polygon, and BNB Chain.
- This project is the product of a partnership Pudgy Penguins have entered into with LayerZero Labs.
- The project's new soulTransport technology will reward holders who bridge their Lil Pudgy to another chain with a Soulbound Token.
📅 What's Next?
- Join the Pudgy Penguins team tomorrow at 3:30 PM ET for a Twitter Spaces with LayerZero Labs.
🕳️ Go Deeper
The Pudgy Penguins Twitter account tweeted out a brief teaser video with the caption "Expansion starts soon. Are you ready?" Sunday afternoon.
🧠 Need to Know
- Pudgy Penguins currently boasts two expansion collections: Lil Pudgys and Pudgy Rods ("rogs").
- The resurgent OG collection's floor price is up over 100% over the past two months (currently 5.2 ETH at the time of writing).
- The teaser video shows a penguin looking towards an igloo, which is labelled "The Lab."
🕳️ Go Deeper
Pudgy Penguins announced the release of "The Pudgy soulTransport," a decentralized solution for the distribution of soulbound tokens for Pudgy Penguins subcommunities.
What's a Soulbound Token: Soulbound tokens (SBTs) are NFTs or tokens that cannot be transferred from the wallet they are initially distributed to.
Why It Matters: The growth of the Pudgy Penguins brand has been heavily influenced by its rabid community and growing fan base. The Pudgy soulTransport initiative represents an innovative approach to empowering the community to help grow the brand while also exploring and innovating on the potential technological uses of soulbound tokens.
What's Next: The Pudgy soulTransport will begin with a limited amount of individuals and subcommunities but eventually will be available to a wider range of users.
Really exciting initiative, look forward to seeing it in action so I can learn moreTyco_NFT
Blur's newest bid feature has seemingly caused a roller coaster weekend in the NFT market, with several notable collections seeing 10-20 percent swings in both directions.
The weekend started with a bang, as yesterday's market was full of green. Several collections saw significant gains in their floor prices, including:
- Pudgy Penguins (+22% to 4.94 ETH)
- Azukis (+15% to 13.9 ETH)
- Otherdeeds (+15% to 1.36 ETH)
- Clone X (+10% to 7.4 ETH)
- MAYC (+5% to 14.8 ETH)
Several notable community members and traders noticed the price action and connected it to the new Blur "bid walls" on Twitter this weekend. As a part of their new Bid feature rollout, Blur has included new analytics allowing traders to see exactly where the bids are coming, by who, and in what amounts.
Infamous BAYC trader Franklin had this to say:
There are thousands of ETH available in bids for bored apes at around the 64 ETH range on Blur...it looks like people want in. 😆 pic.twitter.com/znF84ohh3i— Franklin has 59 apes (@franklinisbored) December 9, 2022
Another notable NFT trader, Cirrus, noted:
The buy-side liquidity on blur is unlike anything we've seen in NFTs before— Cirrus (@CirrusNFT) December 10, 2022
You can accept 169 bids on mutants right now and the top bid would move 0.4%
Treating NFTs more like shitcoins was actually the best possible outcome pic.twitter.com/9Xm9LF10sh
The increase in bid activity spiked volume in the market to levels not seen since May 2021, as reported on by NFT Statistics (@punk9059). Of the 30,000 ETH volume, 70 percent was recorded on Blur with a large contribution from Blur airdrop 3 farmers.
Regarding the "farming,", this was the typical mechanic spotted in the Blur market on Saturday:
1) Farmers submitted bids at or near the floor for top-volume NFT collections like Azuki and MAYC, 2) bought NFT(s) via those bids, 3) immediately sold the NFTs to the highest bid on Blur, and 4) then rinsed and repeated.
This farming temporarily spiked floor prices for those collections, but those bid walls have since fallen and most gains have been erased.
Here are today's numbers, for those same collections (using floor prices on Blur):
- Pudgy Penguins (-25% to 4 ETH)
- Azukis (-20% to 11.4 ETH)
- Otherdeeds (-19% to 1.1 ETH)
- Clone X (-15% to 6.45 ETH)
- MAYC (-8% to 13.6 ETH)
Let's take a look at Pudgy Penguins, for example. The current "bid wall" is now 1,038 ETH at the 3.75 ETH level. Compare this to Friday, when there was over 2,000 ETH of bid pressure on the Pudgy Penguins collection, and one will notice a significant reduction in liquidity and buy levels. It is a similar story for each of the collections noted here.
With bidding still earning rewards through the rest of the month, it will be interesting to see how this NFT market continues to react to this latest incentive.
Jenkins the Valet announced the 12 NFT communities that have signed on as partners for the project's eight-episode fiction podcast on Wednesday.
The 12 signed partner communities the Writer's Room will be voting on are @goblintown, @RumbleKongs, @SappySealsNFT, @BYOPills, @pudgypenguins, @PurrnelopesCC, @inhabitants_, @ThePlagueNFT, @thelittlesnft, @MaisonDeGOAT, @bubblegumkids_ and @Overlord_xyz 👏 pic.twitter.com/CS68SogLkE— Jenkins The Valet 🍌 Is Exploring Azurbala (@jenkinsthevalet) November 30, 2022
Partner community agreements allow Tally Labs to 'set an episode in their world and use their name, logos, and key lore elements', according to the thread.
Holders from the partner communities will be able to fill out a backstory for their NFT, with characters featured in the upcoming podcast stories. One partner, voted on by Jenkins Writer's Room NFT holders, will also have an episode set within that project's community.
In addition to the 12 partners, many other NFT communities are also eligible to create characters:
However, these 100+ communities can create characters on https://t.co/DHD2lyDJhP and be eligible for the podcast and future opportunities beyond!— Jenkins The Valet 🍌 Is Exploring Azurbala (@jenkinsthevalet) November 30, 2022
Own an NFT from any of these communities? We want YOU to tap into your inner creativity and create a character. pic.twitter.com/jdaklQxeE2
Users can visit the Jenkins Podcast website to learn more and submit their NFT from the collections above for inclusion in the podcast.