Latest Sandbox Assets News
The Sandbox joins forces with iconic hospitality company Cipriani, introducing immersive Italian luxury experiences into the metaverse.
- The collaboration entails a virtual Venice with interactive features such as a masquerade ball, fashion shows, and concerts.
- The partnership also includes a recreation of the famous Cipriani Wall Street Ballroom for hosting cultural events.
- Cipriani’s LAND will be situated in The Sandbox's trendy Galleria neighborhood, launched in December 2022
- A tribute to the legendary Harry’s Bar, known for the original Bellini cocktail, forms part of the metaverse experience
The Sandbox expands its immersive landscape by partnering with Cipriani, a global beacon of Italian luxury and hospitality. In this new venture, players will have the opportunity to stroll through the virtual streets of Venice, interact with the Cipriani family, and partake in various cultural events.
The Cipriani experience will find its home in the Galleria neighborhood of The Sandbox map, a sector built around fashion, media, and hospitality brands. In line with the upscale aura of the neighborhood, the Cipriani experience will strive to offer memorable virtual encounters to its visitors.
A standout feature of this collaboration will be a tribute to Harry’s Bar, the legendary Venetian watering hole known since the 1930s as a meeting place for artists, royalty, and cocktail enthusiasts. Players visiting virtual Venice will be welcomed with a hint of time travel, transporting them back to the bar's glory days.
🎤 Founder Feedback
We're delighted to bring iconic Italian history into The Sandbox to further enrich our players' experiences. In designing a metaverse for such a diverse audience, we have the unique opportunity to represent nationalities and cultures from around the world.Sebastien Borget, COO and Co-Founder of The Sandbox
🖼️ The Big Picture
As metaverse platforms like The Sandbox continue to forge partnerships with real-world brands like Cipriani, they create opportunities for players to explore, learn, and connect with diverse cultures and experiences. These collaborations could redefine the boundaries of online gaming, leading to a new era of interactive, immersive, and culturally rich virtual experiences.
📊 By The Numbers
The utility token for The Sandbox, $SAND, is trading at $0.4912, down 17.5% over 30 days.
🧠 Learn More
Charles & Keith, a global fashion brand, is expanding its presence in the metaverse with The Sandbox to create virtual fashion accessories as NFTs.
❗ Why It Matters
This partnership shows how NFTs are expanding beyond just digital art and into the fashion world. It also highlights the potential for NFTs in creating unique and personalized experiences within virtual worlds.
🔎 The Deets
- The partnership between Charles & Keith and The Sandbox will create virtual fashion accessories as NFTs that can be worn in the metaverse.
- The virtual fashion accessories will include handbags, shoes, and jewelry inspired by Charles & Keith's real-world designs.
- The NFTs will be available for purchase in The Sandbox's marketplace and can be used within The Sandbox's virtual world.
- The event will last from March 13-27 and will feature a virtual concert by K-pop artist APOKI.
🕳️ Go Deeper
The Sandbox's March Festival has begun with hundreds of thousands of dollars' worth of prizes up for grabs!
❗ Why It Matters
Participants will be eligible to win $SAND (the project's native token) prizes and Mystery Boxes, which can contain valuable NFTs. Anyone can play, although Sandbox Avatar and Land holders are eligible for additional prizes.
🔎 The Deets
- The March Festival will run today through April 9, and those who complete 300 quests over this period will be "guaranteed winners."
- NFT projects that are listed among Mystery Box rewards include World of Women, CyberKongz, Beanz, Gutter Cat Gang and rektguy, though most boxes will contain $SAND.
- The total prize pool is 1,150,000 $SAND (about $667,000 at current prices).
- Avatar and Land holders must KYC in order to be eligible for the 350,000 $SAND prize pool which is alloted to holders.
🕳️ Go Deeper
The Sandbox Game announced a new set of avatars coming to the game, via Twitter on Sunday. The avatars will be based off of Argentinan soccer player Sergio Aguero, known for his 10 seasons playing for Manchester City.
There will be 9,230 NFTs in the collection, and The Sandbox Game expects the sale to go live during the first week of November. The NFTs will come in different rarities and include some of Aguero's signature goal celebrations.
The Sandbox Game created a similar collection back in February called "The Doggies", which is a collection of 10,000 Sandbox avatars of differing rarities based on the rapper Snoop Dogg.
The Sandox has partnered with Renault Korea Motors, an automobile manufacturer based in South Korea and a subsidiary of French automaker Renault SA, according to an announcement posted to The Sandbox's Medium page.
Through the partnership, The Sandbox will "offer new ways for customers to experience automobiles in the metaverse." The new partners will also pursue marketing collaborations together and establish "a long-term relationship to engage with potential customers familiar with the digital environnment."
The Sandbox Korea's CEO Cindy Lee had this to say about the new partnership:
"This partnership is an excellent example of a collaboration The Sandbox can develop without any industrial boundaries. We are able to introduce new types of experiences that combine automobiles and digital assets in The Sandbox."
At the time of writing, The Sandbox's floor price is set at 0.96 ETH with 73 ETH in volume traded on OpenSea over the past day.