Animoca and Hex Trust Launch Gryfyn Custodial Wallet
Animoca Brands and Hex Trust announced the launch of Gryfyn, a joint venture to provide an NFT-centric wallet that enables users to interact easily and securely across multiple blockchains.
❗ Why It Matters
The proliferation of tools focused on making the crypto experience more user-friendly is essential to onboarding more users to web3.
And the parties involved are meaningful players in the web3 space. Animoca Brands has a vast investment portfolio, and Hex Trust is an institutional-grade digital asset custodian licensed across financial hubs including Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai, and Italy.
🔎 The Deets
- Gryfyn's custodial wallet is designed for maximum security and offers a secure and reliable way of interacting with, storing, and acquiring digital assets.
- Gryfyn supports Ethereum, Polygon, and Binance Smart Chain.
- Gryfyn completed a fundraise of US$7.5 million from backers including Liberty City Ventures, GameFi Ventures, Lavender Hill Capital Partners, Mind Fund, Animoca Ventures, LeadBlock Partners, Angel Hub, Brinc, as well as angel investors including Gabby Dizon.
- Arnoldo Concepción, the co-COO of Animoca Brands, has been announced as the CEO of Gryfyn.
🎤 Founder Feedback
We want to connect people to new experiences. Gryfyn is a digital passport that connects anyone anywhere with their favorite experiences, whether it's in games, sports, music, education, transportation or anything else. We’re really excited to onboard the mass market to great and secure Web3 experiences.Arnoldo Concepción, CEO of Gryfyn
🔜 What’s Next?
Gryfyn has signed on global partners and will be rolling out new features and activation events throughout 2023.
🧠 Learn More
- Animoca Slashes 2023 Fundraising Target in Half (January 5, 2023)
- $2 Billion to Enter the Metaverse Via Upcoming Animoca Investment Fund (November 30, 2022)
- Animoca Brands Raises $75 Million to Invest in Blockchain Gaming (July 12, 2022)