ICYMI: Cool Cats Town Hall Meeting Summary (November 26, 2021)
The Cool Cats NFT hosts an informative Town Hall meeting every Friday at 5 p.m. EST. Below is a summary of the event that took place on November 26, 2021.
Key Takeaways: Cool Pets collaborations are starting, beta testing for Cool Pets has started, FTX rumors, the team is going full time, big names joining Cool Cats, charity events, Cool Cats are coming to Art Basel in Miami, new holiday merchandise is coming, Winter Wonderland is coming
For last week's Cool Cats Town Hall summary, click here.
For next week's Cool Cats Town Hall summary, click here.
During the Week
Before we dive into this week's Cool Cats Town Hall meeting, let's talk briefly about what happening during the week.
- First, the team started to announce the allowlist spots for Cool Pets through collaborations with notable NFT projects, including Ghxsts and Robotos.
- "Beetah" testers have been selected and "given the power of spike." The new Cool Cats system, $MILK, and Cool Pets are all under testing as of Nov. 25.
- Cool Pets made it onto the NYC billboard in Times Square.
- FTX, a large-scale crypto exchange, teased a collaboration with Cool Cats, doodles, Bored Ape Yacht Club, and Crypto Punks.
- Tom (xtremetom) and Link (Lynqoid) are officially going full time for Cool Cats.
- Lala -- actress, producer, and businessperson -- and Josh Hart -- NBA player and early NFT adopter -- bought a Cool Cat this week.
- During the DeadFellaz NFT charity event, Cool Cats sent 2.2 ETH to Blankets of Hope, Mental Health America, and Save the Children charities.
- Cool Cats is joining Right Click, Give!, the largest NFT charity fundraising event in history, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to Blankets of Hope.
- Other notable projects are VeeFriends, CyberKongz, Gutter Cat Gang, World of Women, Pixel Vault, doodles, Robotos, Pudgy Penguins, and more.
- A tutorial on layering systems is available on the official Cool Cats YouTube.
- The first Cool Pets Twitter Space is on Sunday at 12:00 p.m. EST with Metaverse Headquarters and its founders. All are welcome.
- MetaCitizen put out a trailer of their upcoming documentary, which features Cool Cats.
- The documentary is slated for release later next year.
Art Basel in Miami
- Cool Cats are invited to the doodles event on Dec. 2.
- Cool Cats secret pop-up is happening in Miami on Dec. 3 at 12:00 p.m. EST.
- At the same pop-up gallery, clon will be in-person on Dec. 4.
- There will be exclusive merchandise only available in Miami.
- Cool Cat Meetup is on Dec. 3 at 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST at Syndicate Wynwood.
I’m so proud to announce that this is officially my first events* of many many more w/ my @coolcatsnft family! My goals are to bring our community together & find ways we can build each other up! Thank you to @ccladoteth for another epic meet up! See my Cool Cat fam in Miami!! pic.twitter.com/JnLFlav6Cw— KevinF.eth (@KevinF_WGMI) November 27, 2021
- Additional holiday season "goodness" is coming soon to the Cool Cats merchandise store.
Winter Wonderland Is Coming
- Winter Wonderland kicks off on Dec. 1.
- There will be "something for the puzzle lovers."
- There will be "something every single day leading up to Dec. 25."
Journey to Cool Pets Begins Today
- Beta testing opened immediately following Cool Cats Town Hall.
- 100 people were selected from over 700 submissions.
- This is a "rolling beta," which means that not everything will be released immediately.
- Features will be tested one at a time.
- Beta testers will not have an advantage when alpha comes out.
- Everything has been masked.
- Beta testers are allowed to share screenshots.
BEETAH testin' @coolcatsnft's new features. Loving what I'm seeing. pic.twitter.com/ki6Fp7dhfl— ddot.eth (@ddotFi) November 27, 2021
In this section, Q indicates a question and A indicates an answer (speaker in parenthesis).
This is a summary, not verbatim.
- Q: Will the Cool Cats event in Miami be open to non-Cool Cat holders? (respectfullyolivia)
- A: Yes, it will be. Anyone is welcome. (KevinF)
- Q: Is there a set release date for the Cool Pets? (Mike "Non-Fungible")
- A: Because of the rolling beta, if someone finds a substantial bug, we will have to play it be ear. We're aiming for beta testing for one to two weeks, and then launching after that. (xtremetom)
- Q: Is it one Cool Pet per Cool Cat? (Pixlit Moglets)
- A: Yes. Then there will be a population of Cool Pets available for the public via allowlist and a more traditional drop. (xtremetom)
- Q: Will the legendary Cool Cats get legendary Cool Pets? (Brian)
- A: We didn't think it would be fair for the entire community, so no. (xtremetom)
- Q: For the minting for the Cool Pets, will Cool Cats holders be able to mint additional Cool Pets? (Matt)
- A: If you're on the whitelist, at the moment, you can mint two Cool Pets. And there is nothing stopping you from adding from the whitelist spot, even if you have Cool Pets in your wallet from holding a Cool Cat. (xtremetom)
- Q: Is there a way to generate $MILK without being a Cool Cat holder? (Blackflash)
- A: The quest system will allow you to borrow someone else's Cool Pet and take them on quests. Doing those quests will give you $GOLD, which is the Cool Cats in-game currency. Once you've got that $GOLD, you can enter the entire system. (Lynqoid)
- Q: What would be the benefits of lending out your Cool Pets? (Blackflash)
- A: The benefit is for people who have too many Cool Pets, or people who do not have time to play the game, it would turn into a passive income of $GOLD by lending out your Cool Pets. (Lynqoid)
- Q: Will different Cool Cats' tiers generate more or less $MILK? (Blackflash)
- A: Yes, but it isn't going to be that significant. We are not front-loading all of the benefits for higher-tier Cool Cats.
- Q: Do you have an intended release date for gameplay and tokenomics? (horndog.eth)
- A: We're running tokenomics through beta testing, which means if there is an imbalance, we will need a readjustment. I like to think of us as an NFT-driven Neopets with tokenomic fun. No fixed tokenomics or release date just yet. (xtremetom)
- Q: Why is there more Cool 1 than Cool 2 Cool Cats? It is inverse from the rest of the tiers. (octopad.eth)
- A: We were playing around with bonding curves, and this weird disparity leaked over into Cool Cats. It is purely a quirky oversight in all of the code. We're going to build features around it.
- Q: Where do you engage with your community the most? (Tal Navarro)
- A: Twitter and Discord are our lifeblood (Cool Cats). On Discord and Twitter, it is very important to build personal relationships with those in the community (frex).