Smilesss Town Hall | Smilesss Announces New Event Planning and Media Team Member Following NFT LA
In this post
Smilesss hosted an informative Town Hall meeting in its official Discord. Below is a summary of the event that took place on Mar. 28, 2022.
Key Takeaways: South by Southwest recap, NFT LA events, new team member, website and trait updates, and community events
Smilesss South by Southwest Recap
- The first event held by the team at South by Southwest was at a local bar with Cryptoon Goonz on Mar. 18.
- About 100 to 120 people came throughout the night.
- The second event was held at Vulcan Gas Company on Mar. 19 with Deadfellaz and WarpSound.
- DJ Dylan Ali played music for the event.
- The team is now planning for the next event at NFT NYC.
NFT Los Angeles This Week
- The first event for NFT LA happens tonight, Mar. 28, at Record Planet Recording Studios from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. PT.
- This is a collaboration with the Chill Pill (Chill Rx) team.
- There will also be an opportunity for community members to hop on a track with recording artist Rhea Raj.
- The song could find its way onto the blockchain.
- RSVP list went out a couple of days ago.
- On Thursday, Mar. 31, Smilesss first community event is happening.
- This is a prelude to the project's grant proposal system, which is coming soon.
- The event will take place at Boomtown Brewery from 6 to 10 p.m. PT.
- This event is for 21+ only.
New Team Member Added to the Squad
- Smilesss newest team member, Myles, will spearhead event planning and media.
- He set up all the NFT Los Angeles events.
- The team is looking to get more spaces up and running on Twitter and other social media platforms.
- The team is also looking at hosting podcasts and videos on YouTube, Apple, Spotify, and others.
- Myles will be at the forefront of this effort.
Website and Trait Updates Coming Next Week
- The team is in the final stages of website development.
- The content, copy, and layout is currently being finalized
- It has taken longer than expected, but this will be a major part of the team's brand, and they want to make sure they get it right.
- Expect more updates this week.
- The website will tap into not only the NFT space, but the broader community as well.
- Trait updates will be live by the end of this week.
- The team has a March Madness bracket contest for both the women's and men's tournament.
- The top three finalists from each tournament will win prizes.
- The team will have other contests that also focus on upcoming sporting events.
- Music and album listening parties will also continue to happen.
- The team has been working toward an event for a month now, and there will be a listening party within the next month.
In this section, Q indicates a question and A indicates an answer (speaker in parenthesis).
This is a summary, not verbatim.
- Q: Can I get some alpha about the upcoming House of Kibaa partnership?
- A: I can't say too much, but we should have information coming out about our partnership with House of Kibaa soon.
- Q: Will you be in NFT Miami this weekend?
- A: Some of our team members might be there, but we do not have anything formal going on. Our next big event is NFT NYC.
Disclaimer: The author or members of the Lucky Trader staff may own NFTs discussed in this post. Furthermore, the information contained on this website or the Lucky Trader mobile application is not intended as, and shall not be understood or construed as financial advice. AI may have assisted in the creation of this content.