Lou's Blues | News and Notes From Top NFT Projects
This article is designed to track NFT news, updates, and announcements for the top NFT projects - the blue chips.
Below we'll walk through weekly price updates and the most significant news from the bunch.
|Project Name||Floor (ETH)
||7-Day Volume (ETH)||Floor Change||7-Day Volume Change|
|Bored Ape Yacht Club||92.0||7,531||+4.8%||-8.8%|
|Mutant Ape Yacht Club||18.0||2,785||+2.9%||-23.9%|
|Otherdeed for Otherside||2.7||3,754||-6.8%||-42.1%|
|World of Women||4.0||196||-9.1%||-44.4%|
|Cool Cats NFT||3.6||559||-18.2%||-17.5%|
(data as of 6/7/2022)
- Illuvium sold out its 20,000 NFT land plots via Dutch auction, totaling more than $72 million in sales volume.
- We Are All Going To Die #3077 sold for 69.420 ETH (~$123k) on June 6.
- Actor Jim Carrey made headlines on June 1, purchasing an NFT on SuperRare from artist Ryan Koopmans for 20 ETH.
The following are news and updates from some of this week's top projects:
- Bored Ape Yacht Club Co-Founder Gordon Goner stirred the pot late on Friday evening, after tweeting a picture with Beeple "making goblin sounds." The goblintown.wtf collection swiftly rose from 4.5 ETH to 7.5 ETH after the tweet. Fellow Co-Founder Garga confirmed in a later tweet that Yuga Labs is not associated with the project, and the goblin floor settled back down around 6 ETH.
- Coinbase announced the cast of “The Degen Trilogy” on June 6. The seven apes were chosen after applying to be included back in April.
- 15 Mutant Ape Yacht Club NFTs were purchased in a gem sweep on June 1 totaling more than 286 ETH (~$500K).
- Kevin Rose tweeted "big things/deals coming" for the PROOF ecosystem, after a trip he took to San Francisco last week.
- Moonbirds identified a minor bug in the nesting smart contract last week. The bug allows for nested Moonbirds to be sold through contract, even if OpenSea does not show the item for sale. The team reiterated that nesting a Moonbird does not protect it from being sold through the contract in this way.
- Space Drip NFT Holders were able to claim RTFKT Space Drip x Air Force 1 NFTs, which can be used to claim physical sneakers until June 12.
- NBA Top Shot announced that there will be 80 autographed Moments in the Magic Johnson Anthology Packs. These moments will be the first of their kind, being digitally signed by Magic Johnson himself.
- NFL All Day introduced Moment burning last week. There will be three ways for holders to burn NFL All Day Moments:
- Collectors can burn Moments for Dapper credit or prizes
- Collectors can burn Moments to unlock new Moments
- NFL All Day can burn already-minted but not-yet-released Moments
- CryptoPunk #8531 has been listed for sale in a personal Dutch auction which began at 1,000 ETH. The NFT is one of 88 Zombies in the collection, and the current price is listed at 750 ETH, with an offer of 450 ETH. Five of the twelve highest sales in CryptoPunks history have the Zombie trait.
- Alien Punk holder Peruggia tweeted a thread on June 3 explaining their reasoning for listing CryptoPunk #7804, which was purchased on March 11, 2021, for 4,200 ETH. The Punk is listed for 14,210 ETH and would be the largest sale in USD terms for a CryptoPunk if it were to sell.
Disclaimer: Lucky Trader is not a registered investment advisor. You understand that the service is furnished for your personal noncommercial, information, purpose only. No mention of an NFT in the service constitutes as a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold that or any other NFT. Nothing within the service shall, or is intended to, constitute financial, legal, accounting, or tax advice. Any decision that you make to buy, sell, or hold an NFT should be based on an assessment of your risks in consultation with your personal advisers.