NFT Morning Minute | Art Blocks Surging
Take a minute to catch up on the latest in the web3 space. Here are today's NFT market analysis, top movers, and upcoming mints:
Tyler Warner's NFT Market Summary
Wednesday was a slower day of NFT headlines, but trading volume held up relatively well with ETH at its new $1,550 price level. Total ETH volume on OpenSea came in at 6,375 ETH for $9.7M, the highest tally in a week. OpenSea Polygon did $965k volume, down ~65 percent from Monday's total but still up majorly from recent levels. The Reddit Avatars floors are down on the volume decrease, falling 20-40 percent as the FOMO dies down and the top set saw only 68 ETH volume on the day.
CryptoPunks led trading with 900 ETH in volume, over half of which came on one hoodie, 3D sale for 475 ETH. Both the Punk and BAYC floor fell slightly on the day, down 2.5 percent and 1 percent respectively. Other mid-tier PFPs followed suit, with MAYC, Azuki, and CloneX each down 0-1 percent.
Art Blocks Curated, on the other hand, is surging right now. Some notable gainers on the day: Elevated Deconstructions at 95 ETH (+92%), Unigrids at 23 ETH (+44%), Gazers at 17.99 ETH (+24%), and Anticyclone at 8 ETH (+8%). There were other huge gainers on the lower end of the Curated spectrum as well, as collectors take more interest in building full sets after notable collector Seedphrase completed his earlier this week. The Art Blocks rebranding and new website are helping drive attention as well.
Other winners on the day were Memeland Pototaz, up 22 percent on the news of how many Potatoz owners will need to claim Captainz in the future. OnChainMonkeys were up 36 percent on the day as well, the big PFP winner. Gangster All Star Evolution was a notable loser, giving back most of its recent gains at 0.17 ETH. Friday Beers was the top volume mint of the day pulling 700 ETH in trading, but its floor is 30 percent below mint at 0.06 ETH this morning.
Top headlines from the day included SEBA Bank announcing NFT custody, DigiDaigaku announcing their Super Bowl contest details, X2Y2 blocking Blur from its listings, and the rise of SoRare trading volume.
NFT Total Volume*
- CryptoPunks (902 ETH, 65 ETH Floor Price)
- Ethereum Name Service (198 ETH, 0.0 ETH Floor Price)
- The Potatoz (194 ETH, 1.59 ETH Floor Price)
- Otherdeed for Otherside (182 ETH, 1.28 ETH Floor Price)
- Bored Ape Yacht Club (174 ETH, 73 ETH Floor Price)
NFT Floor Price Increase*
- Elevated Deconstructions by luxpris (92%, 96 ETH Floor Price)
- Running Moon by Licia He (65%, 1.65 ETH Floor Price)
- Apparitions by Aaron Penne (37%, 1.44 ETH Floor Price)
- OnChainMonkey (36%, 1.33 ETH Floor Price)
- Gazers by Matt Kane (24%, 17.99 ETH Floor Price)
NFT Floor Price Decrease*
- Virtue Animation Studios (-42%, 0.78 ETH Floor Price)
- Gangster All Star Evolution (-36%, 0.17 ETH Floor Price)
- The Art Pass by Iconic Moments (-30%, 0.27 ETH Floor Price)
- Runi (-29%, 0.30 ETH Floor Price)
- Gutter Pigeons (-13%, 0.7 ETH Floor Price)
Upcoming NFT Mints and Reveals
- Kooks by Terry (11:00 a.m. ET)
- RTFKT x RIMOWA Cabin Luggage and WorkerBot (11:30 a.m. ET)
- EVERYBODYS (2:00 p.m. ET)
- BaeCafe Season 3: The Elements (11:00 p.m. ET)
- LaLiga Golazos (time TBD)
The mint of the day to watch will be from the RTFKT team, as they finally roll out their heavily teased collab with RIMOWA. There will be two separate queues today for the Cabin Luggage NFTs and the Workerbot NFTs, at ~$3,000 and $100 price points, for just 888 and 2,222 supply sets respectively. Holders of Clone X NFTs will have an advantage in winning the draws. Both will sell out, but it's unclear how the secondary market will fare for these new collections so tread carefully, though of course, the WorkerBots are much lower risk at their lower entry.
For all volume and floor price data, see Lucky Trader's Project Rankings page.
For all upcoming mints, see Lucky Trader's Project Schedule page.
*data retrieved at 8:00 a.m. ET. Volume and percentages are based on the last 24 hours. Notable projects are included, typically with a 0.25 ETH minimum on the projects listed in this roundup.