NFT Morning Minute | Relief Rally
Take a minute to catch up on the latest in the web3 space. Here are today's NFT market analysis, top movers, and upcoming mints:
Tyler Warner's NFT Market Summary
The crypto markets saw relief yesterday, mostly on the back of macro news which saw CPI data come in soft leading to the biggest stock market 1-day rally since April 2020. BTC jumped back to $17,300 (+5%), ETH to $1,276 (+6.1%), MATIC to $1.07 (+14.9%), and SOL to $18.04 (+17.6%).
NFTs saw some relief in this rally as well, as most of the bleeding stopped and floors stabilized or crept back up. There was little red on the board as most jumped 10 percent or more after Wednesday's capitulation. Total trading volume came in at 6,900 ETH on OpenSea ($8.5M).
Volume was led by KPR, which saw 2,300 ETH across marketplaces but fell 15 percent to 0.47 ETH post-reveal. The Yuga ecosystem was next, with BAYC catching 1,500 ETH volume and jumping 10 percent back to a 62 ETH floor. Punks have a solid lead at 66.75 ETH after a sweep yesterday morning. MAYC and Otherdeeds mostly held steady at 11 ETH and 0.97 ETH floors respectively.
Top winners of the day were two newcomers, with Aopanda up 50 percent to 1.96 ETH floor, and CryptoNinjaPartners up 38 percent to 3.2 ETH. On Solana, y00ts staged a major comeback, rebounding from lows of 39 SOL back to 70 SOL, all while SOL jumped 18 percent as well. This tallied over a 100 percent gain in USD terms. The t00bs rebounded to 100 SOL floor, and DeGods are back at 214.
It was a lighter day of NFT news as most projects seem to be waiting for the crypto volatility and headlines to slow down. Notable Crypto founder and NFT whale Deepak has listed all of his NFTs for sale, with the assets either going to the top bidder or to be fractionalized at a valuation of 10,000 ETH (the NFTs were purchased for over 24,000 ETH). In World Cup news, Sorare launched their new "Global Cup '22" product, and Reddit has launched World Cup-inspired avatars. And DigiDaigaku announced a new partnership with My Pet Hooligans.
NFT Total Volume*
- KPR (2,350 ETH, 0.47 ETH Floor Price)
- Bored Ape Yacht Club (1,526 ETH, 62 ETH Floor Price)
- CryptoPunks (624 ETH, 66.75 ETH Floor Price)
- Mutant Ape Yacht Club (505 ETH, 11 ETH Floor Price)
- Otherdeeds for Otherside (400 ETH, 0.96 ETH Floor Price)
NFT Floor Price Increase*
- Aopanda Party (50%, 1.96 ETH Floor Price)
- CryptoNinjaPartners (38%, 3.2 ETH Floor Price)
- YuGiYn (27%, 0.28 ETH Floor Price)
- Memeland Potatoz (20%, 1.55 ETH Floor Price)
- My Pet Hooligan (19%, 0.97 ETH Floor Price)
NFT Floor Price Decrease*
- HUGO x Imaginary Ones (-28%, 0.47 ETH Floor Price)
- KPR (-15%, 0.47 ETH Floor Price)
- Killabears (-11%, 1.25 ETH Floor Price)
- BAKC (-4.5%, 4.2 ETH Floor Price)
- VeeFriends (-3.5%, 5 ETH Floor Price)
Upcoming NFT Mints and Reveals
- Maya Spirits (11:11 a.m. ET)
- HZN Studio | Collection 001 (11:11 a.m. ET)
- I Heart Girl (12:00 p.m. ET)
- DraftKings World Cup (2:00 p.m. ET)
- Gutter Cat Gang - D2 Gutter Rat Clones (4:20 p.m. ET)
It is likely to be another volatile day in the crypto markets, providing a bad backdrop for new NFT launches. None of the new drops today are likely to catch much liquidity. With a relatively open weekend, whichever project can attract market attention and volume will have room to run. Yesterday KPR stole the show, and it will be interesting to see if they can keep the momentum. Otherwise, this seems to be one of the most wide-open weekends in recent history.
For all volume and floor price data, see Lucky Trader's Project Rankings page.
For all upcoming mints, see Lucky Trader's Project Schedule page.
*data retrieved at 8:00 a.m. ET. Volume and percentages are based on the last 24 hours. Notable projects are included, typically with a 0.25 ETH minimum on the projects listed in this roundup.