Sotheby’s To Auction GRAILS Part I in New York
Sotheby’s announced that GRAILS Part I, a curated selection of digital art from the 3AC collection, will be included within the Contemporary Day Sale.
- The live auction will be May 19 at 10 a.m. ET as part of Marquee Week at Sotheby's New York.
- This selected collection showcases the works of four leading artists and features a variety of algorithmic artworks that draw inspiration from the conceptual art and minimalism of the 1960s.
- GRAILS Part I includes Fidenza 725 and 861 by Tyler Hobbs, Larva Labs' Autoglyph #187, Dmitri Cherniak’s Ringers #194 and #375, 0xDEAFBEEF's Series 1: Angular - Token 134, and Larva Labs' CryptoPunk #1326.
❗ Why It Matters
Outside of any connotation of being associated with 3AC, these works represent the intersection of art and technology and offer a window into the potential of algorithmic art.
🎬 Take Action
See GRAILS Part I here, with individual lot details and catalogue notes.
🔜 What’s Next?
More of the GRAILS collection will be unveiled at Sotheby's in the coming months.
🧠 Learn More
- Sotheby's Presents "GRAILS: Property from an Iconic Digital Art Collection" (April 19, 2023)
- Creditors Eye Three Arrows' Grail NFTs (July 15, 2022)