ChainFaces Arena Ready for Migration to BTC
ChainFaces Arena creator Nate Alex detailed the upcoming BTC ordinal migration mini-project, in a tweet thread from today.
🔙 Back It Up
ChainFaces Arena, created by @natealexnft, is an on-chain game that updates an NFT's metadata in real-time. Chainfaces (collection on OpenSea here) sold out at the beginning of January 2022, at a mint price of 0.069 ETH. The game mechanics are explained in further detail in @bckrissy's tweet 🧵 from last year.
❗ Why It Matters
Nate Alex acknowledged that the hype around ordinals has cooled, but wanted to give ChainFaces Arena collectors something to explore with their NFTs. And as he himself was early to ETH NFT experimentation, he wanted to continue the tradition and give CFA holders a chance to participate in early BTC migration.
🔍 The Details
- The pieces received on BTC will preserve the deposited faces' characteristics.
- Minimum amount of faces needed to lock is 4, which creates a 2x2 grid.
- Due to gas constraints, there is a tie-in for the amount of scars that can be generated (based on the average arena score of the deposited faces).
- There will be a max supply of 420, but Nate Alex noted he's expecting much less and wanted a hard cap to protect scarcity.
- Relevant dates:
- February 26th - Lock contract deployed on mainnet
- February 27th - Deposits open
- March 13th - Deposits close
- March 14th - Ordinals transferred to holder BTC wallets
🎬 Take Action
Those hoping to receive a BTC face grid will need a valid bitcoin address, and at least 4 Faces.
CFA holders can lock their Faces on ETH between February 27th - March 13th, after which they will be locked forever. The BTC face grid will then be inscribed and dropped in their BTC wallet on March 14th.
🧠 Learn More
- Secret Project Team Discord
- ChainFaces Arena website
- ChainFaces Arena Announces Upgraded NFTs (May 18, 2022)
- ChainFace Arena Sequel, Elixir Claim for CFA Holders Announced (April 19, 2022)