Non-Custodial Staking Is Live for DeGods and y00ts
In this post
Non-custodial staking is live for DeGods on ETH as well as for y00ts on Polygon, per announcements from both @DeGodsNFT and @y00tsNFT.
- NFTs stay in holders' wallets but are frozen by the staking contract.
- NFTs can’t be transferred/traded until unstaked (unfrozen).
- Token-gated apps work (e.g. Twitter hexagon pfps).
- On-chain holder data will be more accurate.
- Non-custodial staking is optional but suggested.
- The respective staking sites are degods.com/staking and y00ts.com/staking.
❗ Why It Matters
There is no meaningful change to "DeStake" besides the non-custodial component, which means staked DeGods and y00ts will stay in their owners' wallets while still earning points through the staking mechanism.
🎬 Take Action
- To move your DeGods to non-custodial staking, simply unstake and re-stake your NFTs. This operation will cost ETH gas.
- To move your y00ts to non-custodial staking, simply unstake and re-stake your NFTs. This operation will cost MATIC gas.
For the next week, DUST staking and unstaking fees on ETH and Polygon will be waived. Fees will resume on May 4th.
🔜 What’s Next?
Q2— Frank (@frankdegods) April 26, 2023
🕳️ Go Deeper
- First 5,000 DeGods Bridged to Ethereum (April 1, 2023)
- Over 5,000 y00ts Bridged to Polygon Following Migration Launch (March 28, 2023)
- DeGods Announce 'DeStake', Name Change (November 28, 2022)
- y00ts Staking Goes Live (November 28, 2022)
Disclaimer: The author or members of the Lucky Trader staff may own NFTs discussed in this post. Furthermore, the information contained on this website or the Lucky Trader mobile application is not intended as, and shall not be understood or construed as financial advice. AI may have assisted in the creation of this content.