NFT Morning Minute | COCKPUNCH LOVE
Take a minute to catch up on the latest in the web3 space. Here are today's NFT market analysis, top movers, and upcoming mints:
Tyler Warner's NFT Market Summary
Azuki was at the top of the NFT volume board on Tuesday for the first time in a long while. The collection saw over 1,500 ETH volume and reached a 13 ETH floor on OpenSea, potentially driven by their recent PBT-hoodie activation. Azuki is now the clear favorite in the mid-tier PFP race, with the next closest PFP Moonbirds at 8 ETH and then Doodles at 6.88 ETH.
In other mid-tier action, MAYC saw large volume as its floor ticked up to 14.2 ETH, likely tied to ApeCoin staking which is now live in the pre-deposit phase. ApeCoin has seen over $30M staked so far this week and is trading at $3.95 this morning, down 3.3 percent on the day (and week). With staking rewards starting on Dec. 12, it will be very interesting to watch how BAYC, MAYC, BAKC, and $APE all trade over the next few days and weeks.
Generative art is continuing its mini-bull market, with the latest debut LOVE by Martin Grasser minting out between 1.5-1.75 ETH and running over 40 percent to 2.5 ETH on the first day of trading. Art Blocks collections with lower supplies are catching love as well, with Primitives popping to 2.8 ETH (+44%), Act of Emotion reaching 1.25 ETH (+35%), and Pre-Process hitting a new ATH at 8.39 ETH (+29%).
In the Solana ecosystem, Frank DeGods and his projects continue to dominate volume. y00ts ticked up to 162 SOL, DeGods reached 395 SOL, and the mint t00bs are at 240 SOL. Frank has been doing a lot of press lately, as a podcast with him and Luca Netz debuted and he did a live stream late last night as well.
In NFT and Web3 news, Tessera launched a new platform for collective ownership, highlighted by its first Punk sale. The RTFKT team has shared a solution for shipping its latest Cryptokicks internationally, in reaction to strong community FUD from the day before. And notable digital horse racing platform Zed Run shipped several core gameplay improvements.
NFT Total Volume*
- Azuki (1,586 ETH, 12.39 ETH Floor Price)
- Mutant Ape Yacht Club (1,075 ETH, 14.2 ETH Floor Price)
- CryptoPunks (1,048 ETH, 63.95 ETH Floor Price)
- Bored Ape Yacht Club (730 ETH, 65.65 ETH Floor Price)
- Clone X (741 ETH, 6.18 ETH Floor Price)
NFT Floor Price Increase*
- Dori Samurai (1945%, 0.86 ETH Floor Price)
- Killa Bears (59%, 3.5 ETH Floor Price)
- Primitives (40%, 2.8 ETH Floor Price)
- Act of Emotion (35%, 1.25 ETH Floor Price)
- Lil Pudgys (33%, 0.28 ETH Floor Price)
- Pre-Process (+29%, 8.39 ETH)
NFT Floor Price Decrease*
- Abstraction by anon (-45%, 0.9 ETH Floor Price)
- RTFKT x Nike MNLTH 2 (-28%, 0.2 ETH Floor Price)
- 3D Invisible Friends (-17%, 0.4 ETH Floor Price)
- RTFKT MNLTH 1 (-17%, 1.16 ETH Floor Price)
- Cel Mates Crime Reports (-17%, 0.55 ETH Floor Price)
Upcoming NFT Mints and Reveals
- Art Blocks Presents: Metaphysics (1:00 p.m. ET)
- COCKPUNCH (1:00 p.m. ET)
- Valhalla - reveal (3:00 p.m. ET)
Today is a huge day, with Valhalla revealing and perhaps the biggest project of Q4 in Tim Ferriss's COCKPUNCH debuting this afternoon. Tim's project has already seen OTC trading action at 0.7 ETH, and that is likely a good target for where this will trade after the over-subscribed allowlist mints out at 1 p.m. With the reveal coming this Friday, the project should lead volume in the next few days and will have a solid chance to eclipse the 1 ETH mark.
With all attention on COCKPUNCH, today's Art Blocks Presents drop might go under the radar. If it does, it could be a steal near the final resting price of 0.14 ETH, as collectors are fawning over the outputs.
For all volume and floor price data, see Lucky Trader's Project Rankings page.
For all upcoming mints, see Lucky Trader's Project Schedule page.
*data retrieved at 8:00 a.m. ET. Volume and percentages are based on the last 24 hours. Notable projects are included, typically with a 0.25 ETH minimum on the projects listed in this roundup.