Bored & Dangerous Fund Claim
- In total, over $356,000 will be paid back to eligible licensors in the community. This equates to $87.47 per 1 licensing unit.
- A snapshot was taken at 12 pm ET on March 31, 2023, of wallet addresses holding Writer’s Room and Bored/Mutant Ape NFTs that were licensed to Bored & Dangerous. If your wallet held a licensed Writer's Room NFT or Bored/Mutant Ape NFT when the snapshot occurred, then that wallet will be eligible to take part in the claim process that opens on April 20.
- The process will open on April 20 and stay open through August 1.
- KYC (Know Your Customer) is a legally required process for claiming B&D funds. However, Bored & Dangerous has provided an alternative for individuals who choose not to take part in KYC. There will be two options for eligible wallets:
- Option 1 involves completing KYC and claiming eligible B&D funds.
- Option 2 allows users to waive their rights and receive an equivalent refund on the Azur Root mint.
❗ Why It Matters
The Bored & Dangerous payouts are a way for NFT holders to monetize their digital assets through licensing without seeking out the opportunities on their own. The KYC component created a sticking point for some in the community, but the project moved to address the situation as best it could under the circumstances (and regulatory environment).
🎬 Take Action
- Holders should first read the full details around KYC mechanics (and the alternative to the KYC path) in the Jenkins the Valet Medium post "Everything You Need to Know about the Bored & Dangerous Fund Claim: Mechanics, Alternatives, and Timeline."
- Then they should decide if they will KYC and claim eligible B&D funds or waive the rights and receive an equivalent refund on the Azur Root mint.
🎤 Community Quotes
This was an unreal amount of work by both the community and @neilstrauss creating the book, to navigating the extremely complex world of B&D Fund claiming.— FilmBook (@FilmBookNFT) April 7, 2023
OVER $350,000 going to eligible licensors is wild. So proud of this. Thank you to the community and my colleagues at… https://t.co/9aIPx9zumM
🕳️ Go Deeper