Forgotten Runes Releases New Details on Upcoming Game
In a Twitter thread this afternoon, Forgotten Runes founder Dotta (@dotta) outlined several new details for their upcoming Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game ("MMORPG"). The thread is mostly focused on the combat mechanics of the game, which Dotta describes as "dynamic, strategic, and rewarding."
Highlights from the update include:
- Memory Crystals will be earned to customize character abilities, which build on each other
- Each player will have to eventually choose a Color Path, defining different factions with different specialties
- Specialization will unlock the ability to gather High Crystals, which unlock higher abilities
- There will be three tiers of enemies, including Minions, Elites, and Bosses
- Dungeons and enemies will scale with character levels, and Dungeons will involve progressively harder fights and will provide rewards
- There will be active PVP areas of the world, and the player initiating combat has an advantage
- Victory: defeating an enemy yields XP and resources to upgrade your character
Beyond those details, Dotta shared that the team of 35 full-time resources (35!) is making great progress and expects a fully playable game in Q1 2023.
Dotta also throws shade at other play-to-earn crypto games, calling them "yield farms with pretty pictures," and goes on to describe the Forgotten Runiverse game as a "full World-of-Warcraft style MMO built by industry veterans who know how to build a *fun* game, grounded in crypto-ownership."
Many crypto-games are just yield farms with pretty pictures.— dotta (@dotta) October 10, 2022
The Forgotten Runiverse game is a full World-of-Warcraft style MMO built by industry veterans who know how to build a *fun* game, grounded in crypto-ownershiphttps://t.co/k3vLnR8rJr