Latest Pudgy Rods News
Last week, Pudgy Penguins filed two new U.S. Trademark applications, as reported by trademark and copyright attorney, @NeerMcD.
❗ Why It Matters
CEO Luca Netz has been vocal that he envisions Pudgy Penguins existing as a brand outside of the NFT space, and today's news perhaps sheds a little light on exactly what Netz may have up his sleeve for the project's future.
🔎 The Deets
Mentioned in Application 97842598 are the following items:
- Printed comic books; printed materials, namely novels and series of fiction books and short stories featuring scenes and characters based on video games
- Collectable printed trading cards
- Various merch items (hoodies, hats, pants, etc.)
- Board games, puzzles, action figures, stuffed animals, trading card games, stress relief toys, social emotional toys, educational toys
- Candy, various snacks, cereal, frozen yogurt
- Retail store services featuring virtual goods
- Entertainment services, namely providing virtual characters for use in online and virtual environments
- A website allowing users to upload and download music, video clips and images
Application 97842583 added these items:
- Audio and video recording featuring music and artistic performances
- Downloadable music files authenticated by NFTs
- Downloadable multimedia file containing artwork relating to characters through NFTs or soulbound tokens
Pudgy Penguins inked a partnership with Retail Monster to help "put our upcoming Pudgy Toyline on the shelves of retailers around the world," the project announced this afternoon.
❗ Why It Matters
The Pudgy Toyline is a major initiative for Pudgy Penguins, and today's announcement sheds more light on the project's plans for launch. Retail Monster's stated goal is to help "deliver family brands to retail."
🔍 Need to Know
- Retail Monsters has experience representing large brands including Disney, Dreamworks and Hasbro.
- Retail Monsters will additionally serve as licensing agents, presenting Pudgy Penguins with licensing opportunities through their partners and connections.
- Ealier this month, Pudgy Penguins CEO Luca Netz shared a preview of what the upcoming Pudgy Penguin figurines may look like.
🧠 Learn More
Netz was vocal over the weekend in reaction to OpenSea's decision to temporarily reduce royalty fees, stating he didn't think he could have justified buying Pudgy Penguins for $2.5M without having the safety net of royalties to fall back on.
Netz further stated that Pudgy Penguins had been preparing for the move for 10 months, "so for us, it isn't detrimental." Netz is hopeful that the Pudgy Toyline, among other verticals, can boost revenue for the company in the coming days with the future of creator royalties looking unclear.
🎤 Community Feedback
This is huge! Congrats to @LucaNetz and and the rest of the team. Cant wait to get my hands on some Pudgy Plushies (jk idk what you will call them but, thats my vote)@TitoToro_
The Pudgy Penguins Twitter account tweeted a video today featuring Lil Pudgys traveling through a portal to announce that, "The Lil Pudgys are officially cross-chain."
❗ Why it Matters
This announcement from Pudgy Penguins comes on the heels of Doodles' plans to move its expansion collection, Doodles 2, to the Flow blockchain. The future is indeed multi-chain.
🧠 Need to Know
- Lil Pudgy holders can visit bridge.pudgypenguins.com to travel across chains.
- Supported chains currently include Arbitrum, Polygon, and BNB Chain.
- This project is the product of a partnership Pudgy Penguins have entered into with LayerZero Labs.
- The project's new soulTransport technology will reward holders who bridge their Lil Pudgy to another chain with a Soulbound Token.
📅 What's Next?
- Join the Pudgy Penguins team tomorrow at 3:30 PM ET for a Twitter Spaces with LayerZero Labs.
🕳️ Go Deeper
The Pudgy Penguins Twitter account tweeted out a brief teaser video with the caption "Expansion starts soon. Are you ready?" Sunday afternoon.
🧠 Need to Know
- Pudgy Penguins currently boasts two expansion collections: Lil Pudgys and Pudgy Rods ("rogs").
- The resurgent OG collection's floor price is up over 100% over the past two months (currently 5.2 ETH at the time of writing).
- The teaser video shows a penguin looking towards an igloo, which is labelled "The Lab."
🕳️ Go Deeper