NFT Morning Minute | Captainz Set Stage for Huge Week
Take a minute to catch up on the latest in the web3 space. Here are today's NFT market analysis, top movers, and upcoming mints:
Tyler Warner's NFT Market Summary
This weekend saw the debut of the highly anticipated Captainz project from Memeland, 50,000+ ETH in trading volume, and continued pumping.
And this week ahead looks to be one of the biggest in months, with a flurry of expected announcements, events, and drops.
What happened with Captainz?
Captainz came out of the gate Saturday morning at 7 ETH, the widely predicted floor based on early bid activity. The project saw 4,000 ETH in the first hour of secondary trading, then volume fell off and the floor dipped below 5 overnight Saturday.
Though volume was down Sunday (< 1k ETH traded), the floor bounced back 10 percent to 5.5 ETH. The MVPs rallied even more, up 38 percent to 40 ETH and the Potatoz returned to 2.17 ETH (+19%).
The question now becomes - how will Memeland and Captainz maintain market attention over a 6+ week reveal process?
What is pumping?
Yuga assets, Yuga-adjacent assets, and the Azuki ecosystem dominate trading volume and lead the way ahead of a huge week.
BAYC is near 85 ETH now, with details of The Trial expected this week. More information on how BAKC and $APE will be used are likely the X factors that will dictate any short-term moves in the market, when they reveal on the 11th.
We also have news coming from Mutant Hounds and Applied Primates on the 11th, both of which saw major pumps this week (Hounds up 36% to 1.9 ETH; Applied Primates up 58% to 1.38 ETH).
Then on the 12th, we have the Azuki 1-year anniversary, and though not formally scheduled, the market is expecting an announcement. Azukis and Beanz have rallied ahead of that potential news, reaching 16 ETH and 2 ETH floors respectively.
What else is moving?
Friendship Bracelets had a huge weekend, seeing nearly 1,500 ETH in volume as the floor briefly touched 0.7 ETH before retracing to 0.6 ETH, as the full palette set touched 70 ETH. Minting closes on Tuesday at 1 p.m. ET and then the supply will be finalized.
The Memes by 6529 are surging, led by the strong success of the first three SZN2 Meme cards. It's creating a flywheel effect, where folks are buying floors to via for the allow list, driving up prices, making the allowlist more valuable, which leads to more floor buying.
Renga is rallying hard, approaching 2 ETH in a major comeback. Rektguy is right there, at 1.85 ETH after more whale sweeps and top-end buys. And Kaleo's Wonky Stonks have rallied to 0.33 ETH, as the CT influencer spent the past week charting NFTs.
Other notable news from NFTs and Crypto:
- ETH jumped 5 percent overnight to $1,320, but was overshadowed by SOL up 21% to $16.4
- National Geographic to launch genesis NFT collection, featuring photography artist Cath Simard
- Mastercard teams up with Polygon to teach artists how to use Web3 technology to best connect with fans
- OpenSea added support for social & gaming blockchain Arbitrum Nova + sweeping feature
- PROOF Collective has signed with United Talent Agency (UTA) in an effort to grow the Moonbirds brand into a global brand
- Capsule House is turning its parent company into an LLC and distributing equity to NFT holders
NFT Total Volume
- Bored Ape Yacht Club (2,651 ETH, 84.8 ETH Floor)
- Bored Ape Kennel Club (1,747 ETH, 10.9 ETH)
- Azuki (1,701 ETH, 15.9 ETH)
- Mutant Ape Yacht Club (1,624 ETH, 18.8 ETH)
- Beanz (1,604 ETH, 1.97 ETH)
NFT Floor Price Increase
- Mind the Gap (86%, 2.3 ETH Floor)
- You The Real MVP (45%, 42 ETH)
- Wonky Stonks (56%, 0.33 ETH)
- Chimpers (33%, 2.12 ETH)
- Milady (24%, 0.94 ETH)
- Applied Primate (37%, 1.37 ETH)
- Renga (20%, 1.83 ETH)
- Potatoz (19%, 2.17 ETH)
NFT Floor Price Decrease
- VeeFriends Iconics (-27%, 0.85 ETH Floor Price)
- Cool Cats (-12%, 2.44 ETH)
- Murakami Flowers (-8%, 0.95 ETH)
- Friendship Bracelets (-6%, 0.6 ETH)
- World of Women (-6%, 1.85 ETH)
Upcoming NFT Mints and Reveals
- Memes by 6529 (11:00 a.m. ET)
- Art Blocks Presents: "Through Curved Air" (1:00 p.m. ET)
Both drops today are worth watching, as Friday's Meme Card reached nearly a 2 ETH floor (from 0.06529 ETH mint) and Friday's Art Blocks touched 6 ETH at peak before settling in mid-3's.
That doesn't mean today's drops will reach those levels, but it shows the demand and potential. The AB drop today is just 186 supply, and 10 percent went to allowlist, so supply is on lower side. Recent drops have been minting out relatively high though so tread carefully, as always.
Enjoy this write-up? Follow along with me on Twitter @tyler_did_it or reach out via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all volume and floor price data, see Lucky Trader's Project Rankings page.
For all upcoming mints, see Lucky Trader's Project Schedule page.