Latest Anonymice News
On the project's one-year anniversary, Anonymice is set to launch its soulbound NFT collector cards and badges.
Collector cards will be mintable with Cheeth, the ecosystem's native utility token, and badges will be unlocked "in various ways" and applied to those collector cards. The badges include mice memes and fun artwork.
This is a new way for Anonymice to reward collectors and collaborators.
There are three different collector card sizes, and each can be customized with a name and badges.
Soulbound tokens cannot be bought, sold, or traded. They will remain in the wallet they are minted to permanently. This is a popular new NFT technology that has been utilized by NFT projects like Pudgy Penguins and crypto giants like Binance.
This announcement comes on Anonymice's one-year anniversary. Since Sep. 16, 2021, the team has accomplished many achievements, including:
- One of the first pfp (profile picture) projects to be generated and stored 100 percent on-chain
- First tokenized mint with burn to reroll mechanics
- Over 20,000 ETH in total volume traded
- Sixth 10k pfp collection to hit a 10 ETH floor
- First on-chain breeding event with hereditary traits and dynamic incubators
- First on-chain evolutions event with a new generative NFT collection, on-chain salvage events and assemby
- First on-chain soulbound token with unlockable badges for marking events and collector milestones
Micey Node, a dedicated network of Ethereum nodes for all Genesis mice holders, is officially here, the Anonymice team announced via Twitter.
But why do holders need a dedicated network of Ethereum nodes?
"All dApps (decentralized applications) need a way to communicate with blockchains," the Anonymice team explains. "Without a means of communication, dApps won’t be able to access information and make transactions on the blockchain on which they operate."
MetaMask and other web3 crypto wallets have default server providers like Infura that allow users to interact with web3 applications. But sometimes those servers get clogged and slow down.
Now, all Anonymice Genesis holders can utilize their own dedicated network.
"Using a private server has many potential benefits including greater speeds, more reliable service and less competition when submitting transactions during periods of high transaction volumes like an exclusive NFT drop," the team wrote via its announcement. "Your transactions will be broadcasted to miners faster than through public servers (eg. default MetaMask settings), which means they can be included in an earlier block."
*WARNING: Micey Node has been frequently tested but is still in beta mode.
Anonymice DNA Chip holders can now find their NFTs under "Anonymice Evolutions" on OpenSea after the platform updated its page.
Evolution Pods, which can be created by combining one DNA chip with three pod fragments, will also be visible on this page.
As a reminder, one evolution pod can be combined with one baby mouse to create an evolved baby mouse NFT.
Users can now pre-approve their $CHEETH for spending ahead of the eventual Anonymice Evolutions mint which will start at 4:00 p.m. ET later today.
$CHEETH, the project's native token, will be the required currency for the minting of Evolution NFTs. Though the minting is in $CHEETH, users will require a small ETH balance to cover the gas fee during transaction.
If you wish to pre-approve your $CHEETH for spending with the Anonymice smart contract, you can do so at https://anonymice.com/evolutions.
The claim for CHEETH V3 is open, according to an announcement in the Anonymice Discord. A snapshot was taken of V2 holders.
Genesis Anonymice can claim 4,500 CHEETH and Anonymice Babies get 1,125 of the currency, which will be required for Evolutions (launching May 21). Mice must be unstaked before initiating the claim.
The claim for CHEETH V3 will open May 14, according to an announcement in the Anonymice Discord. A snapshot has been taken of V2 holders.
Genesis Anonymice can claim 4,500 CHEETH and Anonymice Babies get 1,125 of the currency, which will be required for Evolutions (launching May 21).
Anonymice's V3 proposal to migrate Cheeth from an infinite emission of tokens to a one-time claim with a maximum supply has passed with nearly 100 percent of the vote.
A snapshot is happening in early May, and holders of both Anonymice Genesis and Anonymice Baby NFTs will be rewarded. Genesis will earn 4,500 Cheeth per NFT, while Babies will earn 1,125 Cheeth per NFT.
The maximum supply is 21 million Cheeth, and the claim period will have no deadline.
A limited-supply token will be used for new NFT mints or evolutions, the project's upcoming allowlist marketplace, DAO treasury and incentives, and future developments.
More details here.
Anonymice is a fully on-chain, generative NFT that was launched in September of 2021. Initially 2,000 Anonymice NFTs were free to mint to the public. To mint the additional 8,000 Anonymice, holders were required to stake their minted Mice NFTs to earn $CHEETH, the Anonymice utility token, at a rate of 1 $CHEETH per day.
With the $CHEETH earned, holders could then mint additional Anonymice. Holders also had the ability to burn their Mice to essentially “re-roll” for rarer traits. However, every Anonymice NFT that was burned in this process was gone for good, leading to a final circulating supply of only 3,550 Anonymice.
Not long after all 10,000 Anonymice were minted or burned, the team implemented a fully on-chain breeding mechanism to produce Baby Mice. In order to breed, a holder must have had two Anonymice in their wallet. These mice were then time-locked in a breeding contract and the holder paid 50 $CHEETH to initiate the breeding mechanism. Additional $CHEETH could be spent to unlock the “Parents” from the Breeding contract and speed up the breeding process, revealing the Baby Mice sooner.
An easy to read fact sheet covering the Anonymice project so far can be found below, created by Twitter User and Anonymice Holder @WhyteHot.
Recent Announcements from the Anonymice Team (via Discord):
1. Expansion of the Leadership Team.
The team did not anticipate the level of growth of the project at launch and a lack of key management has resulted in growing pains. To better serve the community, more ongoing management and leadership is needed. Additional details will be released over the course of the next few weeks, with more formal leadership roles going to key community members who have been helping since day one.
Additionally, the team is making other changes to community structure including:
Council: The recently announced Council is in its final stages and will be presented shortly. Its sole purpose is to serve the best interests of the Anonymice community and to guide the transition into a DAO.
Moderation: The Anonymice has already brought on a few additional moderators, particularly those who have been very active in the community. The team is still looking to fill the Super Mouse Mod role, whose will ensure fairness and consistency in moderation decisions.
Community Announcements: A discord channel is being created specifically for Baby Mice and Anonymice NFT holders.
Anonymice DAO (MouseDAO): The Anonymice team is working on a vision that expands way beyond the status quo, including the formation of a DAO - MouseDAO (more below).
2. 5 Percent Royalties Added To Collections
Because of the challenges to grow without royalties, the team has decided to add a five percent royalty to each of the Anonymice ecosystem collections. All funds will be put into MiceDAO which will fund the growth of the Anonymice ecosystem. An outline is found below:
- - 5% royalties on both Anonymice and BabyMice collections
- - All royalties go into a multi-sig wallet
- - All royalties are used to fund the development and growth of Anonymice
MiceSpace Updates 1/07
The needs of the community, project scope, and scale outpaced what the Anonymice team initially planned. In order to assist with funding to support the project’s future, a 5% royalty has been added to both Anonymice and Baby Mice on the secondary market. This additional funding will not just support technical aspects of Anonymice, but the team is in the process of hiring full-time employees, mainly a community lead/manager and a “Chief Operating Officer” to assist in executing the vision of the Anonymice Team.
How will $CHEETH v2 work?
- Increased Emissions - Staked Genesis Mice will produce 100 $CHEETH v2 per day
- Time Based Reward - The longer mice have been staked, the more $CHEETH they earn
- Multi-Mice Amplifier - The more mice a holder stakes, the more $CHEETH they earn
- Credit System - To save on gas fees associated with claiming $CHEETH, $CHEETH v2 can be used without claiming so long as holders have earned the rewards. Holders can still claim the $CHEETH v2 ERC20 directly to their wallet, but will no longer have to if they are going to use it themselves in [redacted] and other future phases of Anonymice
- Increased Cap Limit - Each wallet can now stake more than 10 mice
- OG $CHEETH Exchange - OG $CHEETH will be exchangeable at the same rate 1:100 rate upon $CHEETH v2 implementation
[REDACTED] - Phase 3 of Anonymice
While the details behind the next phase of Anonymice have not been provided in full, the team has provided many insights as to what holders can look forward to. One of the project’s creators, MouseDev, had previously stated that one reason the team has not shared too much information or a fully solidified roadmap is because the vision Anonymice are building against is fluid, and they do not want to promise something and be forced to retract their promises in the future as they continue to innovate and develop the future phases of the project.
Some things we have learned about the next phase of Anonymice:
- Users can expect an on-chain experience that is fun to interact with
- While Breeding (Phase 2) had a starting and ending point, the next phase is planned to be a foundational infrastructure to continuously build and expand on over time
- Users can expect a variety of mechanics, including (but not necessarily limited to) minting, assembling/combining, and building aspects
- Lastly, the team wanted to insure that for Phase 3 they will be creating something that as users are interacting with it, they are impressed by the fact that everything they are doing is handled strictly by smart contracts with a major emphasis on the interactivity and gameplay aspects