Latest RTFKT Capsule Space Drip News
- RTFKT is joining forces with CAA to expand the company's IP into film and TV.
- Nike acquired the digital design studio in 2021, and the virtual fashion platform specializes in digital sneakers and other accessories.
- RTFKT will also collaborate with CAA to create a series of webinars and other educational programming for other crypto- and 3D-focused artists.
❗ Why It Matters
Nike keeps working to expand its digital presence and create partnerships with other Web2 behemoths.
Last week, Nike Virtual Studios announced a .SWOOSH x EA Sports partnership, and now Nike's digital design studio RTFKT is signing with powerhouse talent agency CAA to explore film and TV projects based on RTFKT's intellectual property. And last month, Rumble Kong League (RKL) inked a deal with CAA Sports, so CAA's continued involvement serves to legitimize Web3 projects as well.
🎤 Founder Feedback
We've always built our brand to inspire the next generation of creators, accelerating a future where talent and creatives can merge cultures and technology in new ways. Being able to work with such a world-class team and explore new mediums for our IPs and creativity, such as TV, film and define what the future of interactive storytelling is a dream come true.Benoit Pagotto, founder of RTFKT
🎤 Community Quotes
HUGE! Are the details for this partnership out yet?— TPan 🦇🔊 (@TPan_Web3) June 7, 2023
Curious if this is RTFKT x CAA or will extend to the creator community. If it’s the latter it’s unique and a whole different set of implications 👀
RTFKT announced that Cryptokicks iRL Hubbed NFT holders will have the opportunity to select a US shipping address between May 15th and 29th, with additional details on how the Unhubbing process will work to follow next week.
❗ Why It Matters
Unhubbing was originally scheduled to start on May 1, but instead will now take place in the back half of this month. Cryptokicks iRL Hubbed holders have a two-week window between May 15th and May 29th to unhub their sneakers and choose the address that the physical gets delivered to. This was done to give international holders time to find a place that would be able to reroute the shoes to them.
🔙 Back It Up
Within the RTFKT Cryptokicks iRL collection, there are two different states of Cryptokicks iRL: "Forged" and "Hubbed" versions.
- If Forged, the physical has already been redeemed, so don't purchase if you would like the corresponding physical component, as the Forged version is just a digital collectible.
- Hubbed versions are basically confirmed preorders where the sneaker size and color were already assigned but the shipping address was not selected.
🎤 Community Quotes
🕳️ Go Deeper
- Check Your Mailbox | RTFKT Starts Shipping! (May 1, 2023)
- Lace Engine Holders Can Mint Cryptokicks Now (December 12, 2022)
RTFKT's Space Drip forging closes today at 5 p.m. ET. This is the last chance to forge in-real-life Space Drip sneakers.
Those that forge their Space Drip NFTs will receive physical sneakers.
RTFKT forging is the process of redeeming physical Artefacts from the ecosystem's NFTs.
NFT metadata will be updated once the NFT is forged. See the "forged" trait, which has a yes/no status.
Today is the last day for Space Drip NFT holders to redeem their Space Drip x Nike Air Force 1 NFTs, RTFKT announced via Twitter.
To redeem, follow this helpful video guide.
Tomorrow, forging (digital sneakers to physical sneakers) begins. Forging will be open from June 6 to 12.
RTFKT announced that Space Drips will be forgeable starting at 1:00 p.m. ET today.
The forging process will take place only on RTFKT.com. Owners of Space Drip Capsules will have until June 6 to claim their forged sneaker NFT. Between June 6 and June 12 users can then redeem the NFT for the physical sneakers Nike Air Force 1 x Space Drip Sneakers.
Space Drip Capsules hold a floor price of 11 ETH at the time of writing.