NFT Morning Minute | Gobble Gobble
Take a minute to catch up on the latest in the web3 space. Here are today's NFT market analysis, top movers, and upcoming mints:
Tyler Warner's NFT Market Summary
Art Gobblers stole the show yesterday, doing an incredible 14,900 ETH trading volume in its first 16 hours as the floor ran from a free mint to 14 ETH. The new Blur marketplace was a huge beneficiary, doing over half of the nearly 15k ETH volume on their biggest day yet. The Art Gobblers' success was not without drama, as NFT Twitter shared broad discontent on the day related to the idea that only "influencers" were able to benefit from the Allowlist.
Regardless of the drama, the Gobblers helped drive a huge day for OpenSea trading volume, with 12,275 ETH traded for $19.2M, the 2nd highest day of ETH volume in 3 months. That's more volume than Saturday plus Sunday combined. A few other sets caught some solid volume in the wake, with BAYC doing 640 ETH volume and CryptoPunks close behind with 588 ETH volume. Their floors are now 69.5 / 66 ETH officially (using OpenSea), though the BAYC floor is 64.69 ETH on Blur and thus Punks have technically re-flipped.
In other market action, yesterday's Art Blocks Presents "JPEG" briefly surged 200 percent from its mint before settling closer to a 120 percent gain at 0.88 ETH floor. Gazers reached a 25 ETH floor, Chromie Squiggles crept up to 15.8 ETH, and Fontana jumped 40 percent to 3.8 ETH on the day, as Art Blocks continue to see strong volume. Other notable winners on the day included Memeland Potatoz (+14%), Renga (+13%), and CryptoNinjaPartners (+21%). CryptoDickButts gave back some of their Sunday Elon gains, down 15 percent to 2.4 ETH, and the QQL Mint Pass fell 8 percent to 12 ETH.
Rounding out top news from the day, the DigiDaigaku ecosystem completed their Dark Spirits airdrop and announced a new 10k collection called Villians, coming soon. Goblintown had their Twitter hacked but has promised to reimburse victims, and Gutter Cat Gang has opened up their Clone Machine for holders of the DNA-2 Gutter Juice. OpenSea launches a copy mint detection tool, and the Miami Heat unveil a new Web3 Logo in partnership with blockchain company Chain.
NFT Total Volume*
- Art Gobblers (7,025 ETH, 13.99 ETH Floor Price)
- Bored Ape Yacht Club (637 ETH, 69.5 ETH Floor Price)
- CryptoPunks (588 ETH, 65.99 ETH Floor Price)
- Chromie Squiggle (203 ETH, 15.8 ETH Floor Price)
- Gazers by Matt Kane (20 ETH, 25 ETH Floor Price)
NFT Floor Price Increase*
- Fontana (39%, 3.8 ETH Floor Price)
- Theirsverse (29%, 0.28 ETH Floor Price)
- IlluminatiNFT (26%, 0.44 ETH Floor Price)
- RTFKT x RIMOWA WorkerBots (15%, 0.27 ETH Floor Price)
- Pudgy Penguins (13%, 3.1 ETH Floor Price)
NFT Floor Price Decrease*
- Contractions by Loie Holloway (-27%, 4.5 ETH Floor Price)
- Gutter Pigeons (-25%, 0.46 ETH Floor Price)
- Castaways - The Islands (-22%, 2.7 ETH Floor Price)
- Yu-Gi-Yn (-21%, 0.29 ETH Floor Price)
- DigiDaigaku Heroes (-21%, 5.15 ETH Floor Price)
Upcoming NFT Mints and Reveals
- HUGO x Imaginary Ones: Embrace Your Emotions (12:00 p.m. ET)
- THE SERENE by Amber Vittoria (1:00 p.m. ET)
- Rekt Cities by OSF (6:00 p.m. ET)
Today is a lighter day of new drops and will likely be a hangover day in the market, after yesterday's liquidity bonanza and ahead of the next major mint this week coming with KPRVerse. The big question is if the very profitable Art Gobblers minters will rotate their gains today or pull the funds back to the sideline. The other fun narrative to watch today is the BAYC vs CryptoPunks battle for top PFP floor price, which went back and forth like a slugfest yesterday.
For all volume and floor price data, see Lucky Trader's Project Rankings page.
For all upcoming mints, see Lucky Trader's Project Schedule page.
*data retrieved at 8:00 a.m. ET. Volume and percentages are based on the last 24 hours. Notable projects are included, typically with a 0.25 ETH minimum on the projects listed in this roundup.