NFT Morning Minute | The Power of Friendship
Take a minute to catch up on the latest in the web3 space. Here are today's NFT market analysis, top movers, and upcoming mints:
Tyler Warner's NFT Market Summary
OpenSea trading volume came in at 7,500 ETH ($12M) on Monday, in a nice rebound from the weekend. That volume was led by BAYC with 1,400 ETH traded (66.8 ETH floor), on the back of a whopping 888 ETH in spend by notable holder j1mmy.eth.
The bigger headliner, though, was Art Blocks Friendship Bracelets. The Bracelets surged over 100 percent on the day with 1k ETH volume, reaching a 0.29 ETH floor. This happened while supply inflated another 15 percent on the day, now at 21,100 as traders speculate on what the resting supply will be.
Art Gobblers continue their steep and rapid decline, down another 37 percent to 3.55 ETH as GOO reaches $18. Big winners on the day included gmDAO Token at 4.95 ETH (+70%), Aopanda Party at 1.35 ETH (+53%), and a few Art Blocks sets as Squares reached 3.33 ETH (+25%), Flux hit 1.2 ETH (+36%), and Fidenza saw 3 sales and hit a 99 ETH floor.
The crypto markets took a tumble late Monday night as the feud between CZ Binance and SBF rages on. BTC fell to $19,730 (-4.9%), ETH to $1,485 (-5.9%), and SOL was hit even harder at $28.23 (-10%), all in relation to the crashing FTX token FTT, now at $17.21 (-22.5%). This is the primary story to watch today, as a crashing crypto market could stunt any and all NFT rallies in their tracks.
In other news, OpenSea spoke out on Monday, clarifying their stance on creator royalties and extending the timeline for existing collections to comply while community discussion continues. Nifty Gateway announced its own open-source royalty enforcement tool, and notable digital artist XCOPY shared plans for a revenue model change in response to the OpenSea royalty move. Rolex filed trademarks for NFTs and the Metaverse, and Ledger announced a partnership with Solana to support the Saga Solana Mobile phone.
NFT Total Volume*
- Bored Ape Yacht Club (1,400 ETH, 66.8 ETH Floor Price)
- Friendship Bracelets (1,006 ETH, 0.29 ETH Floor Price)
- Art Gobblers (525 ETH, 3.55 ETH Floor Price)
- KPR (407 ETH, 0.78 ETH Floor Price)
- CryptoPunks (287 ETH, 63.95 ETH Floor Price)
NFT Floor Price Increase*
- Friendship Bracelets (100%, 0.29 ETH Floor Price)
- gmDAO Token (70%, 4.95 ETH Floor Price)
- Aopanda Party (52%, 1.35 ETH Floor Price)
- Flux by Owen Moore (36%, 1.2 ETH Floor Price)
- Squares by Martin Grasser (25%, 3.33 ETH Floor Price)
NFT Floor Price Decrease*
- Art Gobblers (-38%, 3.55 ETH Floor Price)
- Castaways - The Islands (-27%, 2.4 ETH Floor Price)
- Theirsverse (-15%, 0.5 ETH Floor Price)
- DigiDaigaku Adventure Keys (-11%, 0.28 ETH Floor Price)
- Tide Predictor (-10%, 0.68 ETH Floor Price)
Upcoming NFT Mints and Reveals
- Nickelodeon Season 2 TV Packs (2:00 p.m. ET)
- Voiders (TBD)
Today is a very slow day of new mints. Expect most volume to be on the secondary markets, likely led by Friendship Bracelets again (now a major Blur airdrop farming set), KPR (now 2 days ahead of reveal), Aopanda (recent runner), and whichever other sets can catch some market attention.
For all volume and floor price data, see Lucky Trader's Project Rankings page.
For all upcoming mints, see Lucky Trader's Project Schedule page.
*data retrieved at 8:00 a.m. ET. Volume and percentages are based on the last 24 hours. Notable projects are included, typically with a 0.25 ETH minimum on the projects listed in this roundup.