Latest Clone X News
- RTFKT is joining forces with CAA to expand the company's IP into film and TV.
- Nike acquired the digital design studio in 2021, and the virtual fashion platform specializes in digital sneakers and other accessories.
- RTFKT will also collaborate with CAA to create a series of webinars and other educational programming for other crypto- and 3D-focused artists.
❗ Why It Matters
Nike keeps working to expand its digital presence and create partnerships with other Web2 behemoths.
Last week, Nike Virtual Studios announced a .SWOOSH x EA Sports partnership, and now Nike's digital design studio RTFKT is signing with powerhouse talent agency CAA to explore film and TV projects based on RTFKT's intellectual property. And last month, Rumble Kong League (RKL) inked a deal with CAA Sports, so CAA's continued involvement serves to legitimize Web3 projects as well.
🎤 Founder Feedback
We've always built our brand to inspire the next generation of creators, accelerating a future where talent and creatives can merge cultures and technology in new ways. Being able to work with such a world-class team and explore new mediums for our IPs and creativity, such as TV, film and define what the future of interactive storytelling is a dream come true.Benoit Pagotto, founder of RTFKT
🎤 Community Quotes
HUGE! Are the details for this partnership out yet?— TPan 🦇🔊 (@TPan_Web3) June 7, 2023
Curious if this is RTFKT x CAA or will extend to the creator community. If it’s the latter it’s unique and a whole different set of implications 👀
RTFKT announced that Cryptokicks iRL Hubbed NFT holders will have the opportunity to select a US shipping address between May 15th and 29th, with additional details on how the Unhubbing process will work to follow next week.
❗ Why It Matters
Unhubbing was originally scheduled to start on May 1, but instead will now take place in the back half of this month. Cryptokicks iRL Hubbed holders have a two-week window between May 15th and May 29th to unhub their sneakers and choose the address that the physical gets delivered to. This was done to give international holders time to find a place that would be able to reroute the shoes to them.
🔙 Back It Up
Within the RTFKT Cryptokicks iRL collection, there are two different states of Cryptokicks iRL: "Forged" and "Hubbed" versions.
- If Forged, the physical has already been redeemed, so don't purchase if you would like the corresponding physical component, as the Forged version is just a digital collectible.
- Hubbed versions are basically confirmed preorders where the sneaker size and color were already assigned but the shipping address was not selected.
🎤 Community Quotes
🕳️ Go Deeper
- Check Your Mailbox | RTFKT Starts Shipping! (May 1, 2023)
- Lace Engine Holders Can Mint Cryptokicks Now (December 12, 2022)
RTFKT's Nike Air Force 1 forging is slated for Apr. 23, according to a tweet from the company.
The forging period allows holders of pre-forged RTFKT NFTs to redeem a physical companaion. Additional details include:
- The forging will run from Apr. 23 and last until May 8
- There is no additional forging cost and holders are only responsible for paying gas.
- Physical sneakers are expected to ship in Q4 2023.
- Pre-forged ERC-1155 will be burned in the process, and a "Forged" ERC-721 will be sent to the holder after forging.
- There are 10 designs available.
- Forging will take place on RTFKT.com.
❗Why It Matters
RTFKT joins a group of 2021 projects with waning excitement and a growing negative sentiment, but the forging events and merchandise brings the project back to its roots of *phygital* fashion. However, despite those roots, questions arose this week about a potential quality of the RTFKT product. The Nike Air Force 1 forge has been one of the most highly anticipated apparel forges for the company, putting its Nike acquisition to good use - but it seems it will still need to provide a quality experience to start earning back the trust of the community.
🎬 Take Action
❗Why It Matters
After a year with minimal substantive updates, RTFKT is seemingly in desparate need for positive sentiment and progress that rallies positive community commentary. The latest forging teaser does a bit of both, showing off the companies Nike connection and core competency (metaverse fashion).
Some positive anticipation is also garnered through the Murakami Animus teaser, which is set up with a special event on Apr. 30 in Japan.
- The next forging event will take place on Apr. 24.
- The Murakami event will take place in Japan on Apr. 30.
- Event will be open to the public and no pre-registration is required - it is a one-day event from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time.
finally you can forge those crazy artefactsbenitopagotto
Clone X NFT holders are now eligible claim their .SWOOSH IDs, according to a tweet from RTFKT.
❗ Why It Matters
While RTFKT is the premium web3 brand in the Nike ecosystem, the .SWOOSH platform and its virtual products are for the "web3 curious." The company is making a bet that digital wearables will be an integral part of Nike's future, and is utilizing a measured rollout timeline to optimize the onboarding process for everyone, not just RTFKT Clone X holders.
This rollout actually shows Nike's commitment to a fair launch, one that didn't necessarily give Clone X holders an edge in the .SWOOSH debut, since .SWOOSH launched access codes to the public back on Nov. 18.
- Clones are provided with unique codes to claim their .SWOOSH IDs.
- Each Clone holder/wallet is eligible for 1 code.
- Snapshot of Clone wallets was taken on Feb 3, 2023, 9:00 a.m. ET.
- You can now also choose the RTFKT blade as part of your new .SWOOSH ID.
🎬 Take Action
- Clone holders can claim the tokengated code at clonex-events.rtfkt.com.
- Delegate.cash is also enabled on ethpass, allowing Clone holders to designate a hot wallet in order to claim their .SWOOSH access codes.
🧠 Learn More
RTFKT updated holders on its initiatives and 2023 timelines, starting with pod burning, in a tweet thread on Monday afternoon.
Why It Matters
Every indication is that RTFKT will focus on its foundations and its core collections through interactive storytelling, leading up to a major IRL event at the end of the year. The ambitious 2023 plans begin tomorrow when RTFKT's pod burning will commence.
Ready for the journey??? What's next everyone? 🛣🏔ClegFX RTFKT
🎬 Take Action
🍎 Learn More
RTFKT Pod burning will take place in January 2023, according to a tweet from company co-founder Benoit Pagotto.
Pagotto continued, providing a plethora of information to holders about the upcoming year for RTFKT and the entire Clone X ecosystem and beyond, citing four focuses for 2023: slower, better, together, and deliver.
Each key theme was expanded upon in Pagotto's Twitter thread.
The RTFKT ecosystem has rapidly expanded over the course of the last year, and the "slower" theme is intended to refocus the team on tying together the disparate parts of the ecosystem and simplifying along the way.
"Quality and sustainable building is the priority above all," says Pagotto.
Better communication is the central theme for RTFKT in 2023.
Pagotto hints that new collector experiences are coming for Clone and Egg holders, one that will also involve the aforementioned Clone X Pods.
This collector experience upgrade is expected to also include a revamped website.
RTFKT remains committed to building and listening to its active and creative community members.
Finally, a commitment to delivering on all the foundational products in the RTFKT ecosystem remains a priority for RTFKT in 2023.
Deliver 🚀— Benit0 RTFKT 👁🗨 (@benitopagotto) December 23, 2022
MNLTH, Vials, INVTRY, Physicals and new experience for core collection and holders, we have a dope foundation and products experiences to build on.
A new IP and experience with Project Animus, Connected via Interactive Lore and World merging RTFKT events.
Struggling to keep track of all the moving parts in the RTFKT ecosystem? Refer to our comprehensive ecosystem guide.
Winners of the allowlist for the AR Helmet digital collectible collaboration between RTFKT and Division Street have been notified by email, according to a tweet from the project.
The allowlist is composed of 291 participants, all of which will have the first opportunity to mint the digital collectible at noon ET, for 0.75 ETH each.
If the allowlist does not complete the mint, an additional waitlist of individuals will have the opportunity to mint starting at 2:30 p.m. ET. This additional supply will be minted on a first-come, first-served basis.
The allowlist raffle for the upcoming RTFKT x Division Street AR Helmet Digital collectible is now open, according to a tweet from the company.
Only holders of Clone X or Flying Formation NFTs can enter the raffle, which can be entered at RTFKT.com. To enter, a user must have an RTFKT account and 0.75 ETH in a Wallet Connect-supported wallet.
The entry period will end at 3:30 p.m. ET today at which point 291 individuals will be allowlisted for the AR Helmet digital collectible. An additional 500 entries will be waitlisted for the eventual sale tomorrow at noon ET.
The allowlist will be fully subscribed and waitlisted parties will only have an opportunity to mint any leftover collectibles in a first-come, first-served fashion.
Learn more about the drop in our original reporting.