Latest Pixel Vault Founder's DAO News
Pixel Vault released the whitepaper for its upcoming Inhabitants PvP game, titled BattlePlan!
❗ Why It Matters
The Reboot Protocol whitepaper was more targeted towards developers, as it was quite technical in nature. It detailed Reboot's open arcade protocol and plan to disrupt the centralized nature of the gaming industry, whereas this BattlePaper covers the actual gameplay mechanics of the PvP auto-brawler.
And while it's been known that the Inhabitants generative identities would be the in-game characters, the BattlePaper provides clarification on how the entire ecosystem fits into the game.
📝 The Deets
- BattlePlan! is a 3v3 strategic auto-brawler in which the player makes decisions and the fighting is carried out automatically.
- A BattlePlan! match is played over multiple rounds, with the goal being to win 16 rounds before losing six lives.
- Players will use Game Credits, which can be acquired from:
- Purchases using ETH
- Score ecosystem bonuses and airdrops given to holders of Inhabitant NFTs
- NDT or vNDT (NDT is a placeholder name for the token the protocol will use, and vNDT is a reward earned for each round won)
- The credits you need to play and any possible rewards depend on the difficulty level you choose.
- BattlePlan! Alpha (V1) represents just the first release, and there will be new features with each new season and release.
🔜 What’s Next?
Those interested should read the BattlePaper! for in-depth detail about the game, such as collectible skills, loadouts, team customizations, and more.
🎤 Community Quotes
cool art! someone please sparknotes the battle paper for me please, maybe a video? 😂🙏</span></strong><span class=
Pixel Vault is launching their upcoming auto-brawler on Reboot, and a whitepaper for the arcade protocol was released, per this tweet from Reboot.gg.
❗ Why It Matters
The Reboot whitepaper declares that the gaming ecosystem is broken, and Reboot.gg is presenting a decentralized solution to the traditional problems associated with the gaming industry, such as high fees (the industry average platform fee is 30%), predatory monetization tactics, and an overall lack of fun.
The protocol provides a scalable framework for managing in-game economies and controlling how matchmaking is conducted, among many other things. Players can be rewarded from both regular gameplay and affiliate rewards, developers get a cut of session revenue and the sale of in-game items, and other participants can earn fees from providing liquidity; and all the monetary flows are traceable from the point-of-purchase.
What It Means
- Reboot Shop enables in-game digital tokens that can be either sold to players or used as rewards for winning games.
- Players will gain true ownership of their game items, as opposed to how Fortnite skins are bought but can never be sold or moved off the server, or the mechanics within popular online modes such as 2K's NBA MyTeam or FIFA's Ultimate Team (in which items reset every year).
- Players can earn tokens or rewards in the form of NFTs, for the number of completed game sessions or for completing objectives.
- Matchmaking uses on-chain data to determine relative player skill.
- Developers can issue promotional game credits to promote their games.
🎤 Community Quotes
Gaming+Web3 is not a new idea, but tokenizing game economies presents design challenges that can result in less competition, and interest in web3 gaming. Reboot offers a solution with minimal cost for developers to incorporate a stable web3 growth economy in their games.@TuringCrypto
🔜 What’s Next?
Pixel Vault will be sharing the whitepaper for their @inhabitants_ Autobrawler game in "the next week or so", according to @TuringCrypto.
🧠 Learn More
DraftKings and Pixel Vault released additional information regarding the collaboration between the two brands that was previously announced on December 8 in a press release today.
As part of the deal, DraftKings will drop limited-edition Pixel Vault player cards in a special pack drop that will take place tomorrow ahead of the Week 15 NFL slate. These cards will feature NFL players "with a superhero twist using Pixel Vault's signature intellectual property," according to the press release. This latest special edition set follows a collaboration between DraftKings and Deadfellaz in late October that featured NFL players in the style of Deadfellaz characters.
As with previous sets, these new Pixel Vault cards will be playable in DraftKings Reignmakers contests during the 2022 NFL season. Specifically, DraftKings will host contests that will require Pixel Vault cards this Saturday during the NFL's six-team slate of games. There will be over $100,000 in total cash prizes up for grabs through these gated contests. Additionally, Pixel Vault card holders "may receive a ticket to compete in a private daily fantasy sports contest in Week 17 of the professional football season, in which contest rewards will be scaled based on touchdown-scoring yardage of Pixel Vault players in Week 15," per the release.
DraftKings co-founder and president Matt Kalish called Pixel Vault, "one of the miost innovative brands in Web3," while adding, "We believe our customers will be drawn to the limited edition, action-packed character collection." Terese Whitehead, the VP of Consumer Products and Strategy for NFL Players Inc. added, "We're excited to integrate Pixel Vault's incredible artwork to create a unique set of collectibles for new and existing fans to showcase their fandom and connections to their favorite NFL players."
View the below copied official press release for further details
**********OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE**********
a collection of NFT player cards with which they can draft a lineup for use in fantasy sports-style contests on DraftKings’ platforms. “Pixel Vault is one of the most innovative brands in Web3, and I am thrilled to incorporate their creative artwork into Reignmakers Football,” said Matt Kalish, DraftKings co-founder & President, DraftKings North America. “We believe our customers will be drawn to the limited edition, action-packed character collection and we look forward to debuting the player cards on DraftKings Marketplace.”
As part of the collaboration, select professional football players will be transformed into superheroes created by Pixel Vault which will be available for purchase on DraftKings Marketplace. The complete list of players will be announced in the coming days.
The previously announced agreement between DraftKings and the NFLPA facilitated by OneTeam Partners, which leads the NFLPA’s video games and trading cards business, grants DraftKings licensing rights for active players, including the authentic use of name, image and likeness.
“We’re excited to integrate Pixel Vault’s incredible artwork to create a unique set of collectibles for new and existing fans to showcase their fandom and connections to their favorite NFL players,” said Terése Whitehead, VP of Consumer Products and Strategy for NFL Players Inc., the marketing and licensing arm of the NFLPA.
“Pixel Vault is excited to collaborate with DraftKings and the NFLPA,” said Sean Gearin, Founder and CEO of Pixel Vault. “Storytelling takes many forms, and our portrayal represents how fans look to athletes as their everyday heroes. Digital collectibles such as Reignmakers Football player cards connect fans to the
sports they love. This is just the beginning of what’s possible when the world of Web3 and sports collide.”
Those who purchase one of the limited-edition Pixel Vault packs will unlock access to gated Pixel Vault-themed contests, which will feature over $100,000 in total cash prizes, for the professional football games taking place on Saturday, December 17. Additionally, eligible Pixel Vault player card holders may receive
a ticket to compete in a private daily fantasy sports contest in Week 17 of the professional football season, in which contest rewards will be scaled based on touchdown-scoring yardage of Pixel Vault players in Week 15.
Reignmakers Football customers can purchase NFTs from the collaboration anywhere in the U.S. and play in Reignmakers Football contests where available. For more information on DraftKings Marketplace, Reignmakers Football and related upcoming drops, customers can visit marketplace.draftkings.com.
DraftKings Inc. is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company created to fuel the competitive spirit of sports fans with products that range across daily fantasy, regulated gaming and digital media. Headquartered in Boston, and launched in 2012 by Jason Robins, Matt Kalish and Paul Liberman, DraftKings is the only U.S.-based vertically integrated sports betting operator. DraftKings is a multi-channel provider of sports betting and gaming technologies, powering sports and gaming entertainment
for operators in 17 countries. The company operates iGaming in 5 states through its DraftKings brand, as well as operating Golden Nugget Online Gaming, an award-winning iGaming product and iconic gaming brand, in 3 states. DraftKings’ Sportsbook is live with mobile and/or retail betting operations in the United States pursuant to regulations in 21 states and in Ontario, Canada. DraftKings’ daily fantasy sports product is available in 6 countries internationally with 15 distinct sports categories. DraftKings is both an official daily fantasy and sports betting partner of the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, PGA TOUR and UFC as well as an official daily fantasy partner of NASCAR. Launched in August 2021, DraftKings Marketplace is a digital collectibles ecosystem designed for mainstream accessibility that offers curated NFT drops and supports secondary-market transactions. DraftKings also owns Vegas Sports Information Network (VSiN), a multi-platform broadcast and content company.
About Pixel Vault
Pixel Vault, Inc. is a Web3-native media company with storytelling at its core. The creators of PUNKS Comics and Inhabitants Universe (formerly, MetaHero Universe), Pixel Vault leverages unique blockchain mechanics, decentralization and game theory to engage collectors of their digital tokens through comics, games, digital experiences and more.
About the NFLPA
The National Football League Players Association (“NFLPA”) is the union for professional football players in the National Football League. Established in 1956, the NFLPA has a long history of assuring proper recognition and representation of players’ interests. The NFLPA has shown that it will do whatever is necessary to assure that the rights of players are protected—including ceasing to be a union, if necessary, as it did in 1989. In 1993, the NFLPA again was officially recognized as the union representing the players and negotiated a landmark Collective Bargaining Agreement (“CBA”) with the NFL. The current CBA will govern the sport through the 2030 NFL season.
About NFL Players Inc.
NFL Players Inc., the licensing and marketing arm of the NFLPA, connects businesses to the power of NFL players. NFL Players Inc. creates customized business solutions for partners, through licensing, marketing strategy and player activations. For more information, please visit nflpa.com/players.
Certain statements made in this press release are “forward looking statements” within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. When used in this press release, the words “estimates,” “projected,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “forecasts,” “plans,” “intends,” “believes,” “seeks,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “future,” “propose” and variations of these words or similar expressions (or the negative versions of such words or
Pixel Vault Contact:
The Pixel Vault team is opening applications to its Pixel Vault Core Committee, according to a tweet from the project's account this afternoon.
In a teaser video accompanying the tweet, all Core Identity NFT holders are encouraged to apply to "have a voice behind the scenes, give input on gaming + creative direction, explore collaboration opportunities, and be rewarded for your contribution."
Community members wishing to apply should complete the form at this link.
The application consists of 6 basic questions, asking for identifier information (name, email, Discord ID, Twitter handle), wallet information, and which Core Identity Token(s) are owned.
Applications for Q1 2023 participation close on Dec. 15, 2022, and there will be a Q&A session for applications the following day for additional details.
Pixel Vault announced the closed beta for its new DAO portal is going live tonight. The DAO portal is set to allow Pixel Vault ecosystem participants to easily and collectively make decisions regarding the future of Pixel Vault and Pixel Vault assets.
The new forum and voting hub named the Planet Referendum and Independence Sustainability Machine (PRISM) will allow for Pixel Vault Planet holders to seamlessly make decisions regarding planetary endeavors and other UPDAO proposals.
UPDAO, the planetary DAO formed by Pixel Vault during the mint of Planet NFTs last October, will officially be handed over to the community later this month. The DAO is made up of 45 percent Planet holders, 45 percent Pixel Vault Governance, and 10 percent Founder's DAO tokens.
All participants will eventually be able to utilize PRISM, which has been purposefully designed to encourage participation, but the initial closed beta is for MetaHero Universe Planet holders.
To start, two major DAO proposals regarding the ratification of PRISM and the UPDAO governance structure will be available for Planet NFT holders. Both proposals were created and submitted by the Pixel Vault team.
For more information, read the official press release.
A snapshot for the third PUNKS comic from Pixel Vault called "A Glitch in Time," is set to take place at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, June 29.
The comic, which will be the first to feature MetaHero Identities, is the last comic of the trilogy and users who collect each of the first three comics will be able to redeem a free PUNKS PFP NFT later this year.
PUNKS Comic 3 costs 0.2 ETH, but upon minting, some users may notice the minting portal "glitch" sending them back a Pixel Vault relic instead of the third comic.
Here is the table for how many comics east Pixel Vault asset can mint:
Minting will open this Friday, July 1 with four distinct minting windows.
For more information, refer to the project's official release.
- Founder and CEO @Gfunkera86 addressed the new blog post he released on Medium.
- Pixel Vault is looking to have upwards of 100 employees by the end of 2022.
- “Sidekicks” mintpasses is the project codename for upcoming "Species" and "DOT’s."
- Pixel Vault teased “secret alpha” on a new look and feel for Metaheros.
- The mystery partner from the blog post will be announced in 2 months.
- Metaheros and Punks Comic will be focused on gaming and storytelling.
- Groundbreaking DAO website is being built to be ready on July 1, 2022. The expectation is it will create a new standard and premier way to drive DAO participation.
- Pixel Vault Sports and Vayner Sports are working together, more to be revealed at VeeCon (Gary and AJ are investors in Pixel Vault)
There is a major focus on making amazing and fun gaming experiences for Punks Comic and Metahero.
The first phase of the MetaHero blockchain game has an expected release in fall 2022. In total there will be six different games released in multiple phases over the next 2 years.
In between the end of the Phase 1 staking period for Metaheros in June and the Phase 2 gamified tokenomics with the blockchain release in the fall, the United Planets DAO will vote on whether to extend the staking period to fill the gap for 2-3 months.
Project founder, GFunk, talked about the look and feel of Metahero Identities, indicating in the future they will be new and distinct.
Additionally, Pixel Vault is working with creative partners and advisors within Hollywood on the MetaHero and Punks Comic visions.
The creative directors envision Metaheros, DOTs, and Species with different looks than previously seen. Metahero holders will be able to change their Metahero character to the style that suits them, but the new style will not create a dilutive NFT collection.
In relation to Sidekicks, it was revealed that Sidekicks are a codename for a project that has become much grander and more complex than initially planned. New complexities are expected that have not yet been utilized in the NFT space thus far.
The Sidekicks will involve both Species and DOTs. Species will be what people are envisioning Sidekicks to be, while DOTs, Planets, and Metaheros play a bigger role in the Metahero story, NFT ecosystem, and game yet to be unveiled. It was announced that Mintpass#2 Sidekicks (or Species and DOTs?) will be revealed before the release of Phase 1 of the blockchain game in the fall.
Pixel Vault is working with partners for real life utility for existing and future collectors. This utility will be announced in the next few weeks.
It was mentioned that Pixel Vault will be doing something different than other projects, perhaps by providing holders with fun ways to interact. These innovations will kick this off at NFT NYC.
When it comes to merch, new merchandise will be available in the near future and purchasable in the ecosystem's native $POW token.
Punks Comic Updates
The Punks Comic story will also be much bigger than the team initially envisioned. Pixel Vault is going to use the Punks Comic story with the main character Courtney to bring web3 culture to the mainstream.
PUNKS Comic #3 is expected to be released in June, completing the Genesis Comic set. The third comic will be a PUNKS x MetaHero crossover edition.
Planet DAO Updates
GFunk announced that they are close to releasing a groundbreaking DAO website that will set the standard for DAO participation.
These plans involve gamifying participation to improve the strength and community that makes up the DAO. This will be a major piece to the Metahero game and is likely to make Sidekicks a lot more important.
Pixel Vault Sports
Pixel Vault hired Tzvi “T” Twersky, former Sports Marketing Lead at TikTok and CMO of the Mamba Sports Academy, to lead "Pixel Vault Sports."
PV Sports will tell stories of athletes in a fun comic-type way. More information on this endeavor is to be announced at VeeCon on May 20. Pixel Vault sports intends to use sports and the power of storytelling to onboard more people into web3 rather than just with NFTs and tokens.
It was also revealed that PV Sports and Vayner Sports are working together again with more expected to be unveiled at VeeCon (AJ and Gary Vaynerchuk are investors in Pixel Vault).
There is going to be revamped marketing for Phase 2 of Pixel Vault. The teams marketing will not talk about things 6+ months in the future and rather only things that are imminent. Furthermore, news will be coming out in a more structured and frequent cadence with a lot to be released over the next two months at VeeCon and NFT NYC.
Top News Today:
Pixel Vault Investors
Larva Labs Emerges
ChainFaces Arena Ends
Pixel Vault Investors
Punks Comic creator Pixel Vault gets $100 million in funding from Velvet Sea Ventures, TechCrunch reports. Planning to build the " decentralized Marvel" Pixel Vault has now acquired a massive vault to execute their goals. The project has seen nearly 100,000 ETH in lifetime transaction volume, securing this funding Pixel Vault will look to expand the comics and MetaHero universe. Since the announcement Punks Comic has jumped over 1,000% in volume.
Larva Labs Emerges
Larva Labs creator of CryptoPunks announced it would “take action” against the Wrapped CryptoPunks v1 collection saying it has “no right to use the art or the name.” The normally silent company sold some of its Wrapped CryptoPunks for a 210 ETH profit to “signal our distaste for (the project),” according to a Discord statement. Since the announcement The Wrapped Cryptopunks have dropped to around a 15 ETH floor after being above 20 ETH yesterday.
ChainFaces Arena Ends
ChainFaces Arena ended late last night with Bears Deluxe NFT winning the $140,000 prize. Nate Alex, creator of ChainFaces, live tweeted the finish at 3:00 am ET, with the bounty hitting $80,000 per NFT at one point. Participates who were still left were faced with a tough decision in the closing hours of the game.
Azuki slows as the whole market takes a little hit, OpenSea API outages has hurt volume down 72%.
Clone X down in volume, still good numbers across the board, 2,600 ETH in 24 hour volume.
Lives of Asuna has been steadily going down in volume just short of 2,000 ETH.
Check out Lucky Trader's full NFT project rankings here.
Disclaimer: Lucky Trader is not a registered investment advisor. You understand that the service is furnished for your personal noncommercial, information, purpose only. No mention of an NFT in the service constitutes as a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold that or any other NFT. Nothing within the service shall, or is intended to, constitute financial, legal, accounting, or tax advice. Any decision that you make to buy, sell, or hold an NFT should be based on an assessment of your risks in consultation with your personal advisers.
Pixel Vault, the creators of Punks Comics and the MetaHero Universe, hosted a Town Hall on January 12, 2022, to update the community on what is going on behind the scenes. For anyone who could not attend, below is the summary of the topics discussed.
- @economist and @jakewittman added to the team in full-time roles.
- Moving forward with Elite Ape covers.
- Ape entry token for Elite Ape covers based on Pixel Vault holdings.
- Live Core Identity reveal.
- The team is continuing work on the United Planets DAO.
- Cool Pets raffle.
Ape Entry Token
- All holders of any Pixel Vault token will have the ability to receive an Ape Entry Token.
- There will be 30,000-35,000 tokens.
- Holders of a full Planet DAO set, a full Pixel Vault Genesis set, a Punks Comic Issue 1, and a Core Identity can receive up to 3 tokens.
- Holders of a Founders DAO token and or a Bored Ape Yacht Club can receive up to 2 tokens.
- Holders of a Punks Mintpass #1, any Planet token, any Metahero Identity or a Mutant Ape Yacht Club can receive up to 1 token.
- Users can burn the token to mint their Ape Cover.
- The team will make it so you can track the tokens burns and mints live.
- There will be utility to the token in the future if you decide not to mint.
- There will be 750 of each edition of the Ape Cover.
- Holders will have until the end of the month to claim their token.
- Full FAQ for Ape Cover and Ape Entry token will be live on Pixel Vault's website.
- It will feature teasers of the animated coin and Elite Ape preview.
Plant Token Giveaway on January 13, 2022
- Holders of a Mars, Jupiter, or Saturn token will be eligible to win.
- Winners will receive a Planet DAO token which can be used to claim a Side Kick mintpass.
- Token will have a use case in term 2 staking pool.
Cool Pets Giveaway
- Cool Cats gave away 200 Cool Pets spots for Founders DAO holders.
- Addresses with one Founders DAO token will be entered into a raffle to win the spots.
In this section, Q indicates a question and A indicates an answer from the Pixel Vault team.
This is a summary, and quotes are not transcribed verbatim.
- Q: Can you comment on staking the Founders DAO token?
- A: The idea is that over time we will continue to decentralize decision-making. We do not want to dilute the power of the Founders but we want to spread out the power. We want a decentralized community for decentralized decision-making.
- Q: Can you comment on the next funding round?
- A: No comment.
- Q: Will there be bonuses for holding full sets? Can we have an estimate on these bonuses?
- A: Sets are a long-term commitment to collecting. However, we do not have a specific time for that. The plan is to continue to reward set holders but we cannot rush ourselves to where we want to be.
- Q: Are there any plans for Core Sidekicks?
- A: As of now there are no plans for Core Sidekicks but we may add in more characters over time.
- Q: How many Mint Pass #2 will there be in supply?
- A: We are expecting there to be 60000 Mint Pass #2 in circulation but we have an aggressive deflationary mechanic planned. You can burn Mint Pass #2 to level up and reroll your Sidekick.
- Q: What was the ideology on raising so much capital so fast from multiple investors?
- A: We do not need the money but speed to market is important. Large cash infusions are a key to getting ahead of the game. We want to take advantage of our early mover status. Scaling requires a fusion of capital and the top minds in the industry. The network effect of having these people is priceless.
- Q: How do you weigh the investor's voice against the communities voice?
- A: We control a vast majority of the business, so anyone who comes in to participate will be on the same level as the community. We do not give the VCs any sort of advantage. We want like-minded people trying to build a Web3 business.
- Q: Can you talk about how the WME partnership helped Pixel Vault?
- A: Having access to the CEO of companies is much more valuable than just having a business person represent them. They are helping align partnerships with other major studios. We love the ability to work with A+ talent.
- Q: Is all of the legal stuff good to go with FoundersDAO?
- A: Everything should be good to go. We want to make sure we stay within the boundaries of the law. Staying out of prison is always number one.